I wonder if this could happen and Nice bomb trophies

SignosisX

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 8:55 AM, SignosisX said:

Hello fellow Rolling Gunners.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to unlock “I wonder if this could happen” and “Nice bomb” trophies?

Thanks.

I got the following two trophies playing the original Rolling Gunner (not Overkill, select on the main title screen the original version).

For “Nice Bomb” use up all your bombs yourself and then die (bit buggy, I got mine during second stage boss fight, just keep trying).

“I Wonder if this could happen”, the 1up is obtained on Stage 4, kill the two mid boss tanks that appear from the right and left of the screen without using a bomb (I used all mine up before the battle so I didn’t use a bomb during).

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I got "Nice Bomb" in the middle of level 2 after a few tries. It is buggy indeed.

I confirm also for "I wonder if this could happen". I got the 1up item in training mode, but that does not count for trophy. I need to do it in full game mode.

For "Courageous action" trophy, I got a reply from KKprimitive player (thanks to him), who got the platinum on NA version.

He said : "Release a maxed out limiter on a boss, then defeat the boss without being hit".

• Like 2

On 22/04/2022 at 9:54 AM, MASS_77 said:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I got "Nice Bomb" in the middle of level 2 after a few tries. It is buggy indeed.

I confirm also for "I wonder if this could happen". I got the 1up item in training mode, but that does not count for trophy. I need to do it in full game mode.

For "Courageous action" trophy, I got a reply from KKprimitive player (thanks to him), who got the platinum on NA version.

He said : "Release a maxed out limiter on a boss, then defeat the boss without being hit".

Your welcome, hope my reply helped.
Glad you got help with “Courageous Action”, I see that’s the last trophy you need so hopefully you’ll have the Platinum soon.

"Courageous action" can be obtained by releasing the MAX Limiter (the red gauge around your ship during the power-up) during the boss battle, and destroying the boss after the effect has "finished".
If you destroy the boss before the effect ends, you will fail.
I got it from the first boss in the original mode.
To reach the maximum limiter, you need to collect items efficiently during the power-up and charge the red gauge to the maximum before the power-up ends.
After entering the boss battle, first activate the power-up, and then shoot at the boss in close proximity and use the items that the boss produces in large quantities when it changes form.

Edited by KKprimitive

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2022 at 2:04 PM, KKprimitive said:

"Courageous action" can be obtained by releasing the MAX Limiter (the red gauge around your ship during the power-up) during the boss battle, and destroying the boss after the effect has "finished".
If you destroy the boss before the effect ends, you will fail.
I got it from the first boss in the original mode.
To reach the maximum limiter, you need to collect items efficiently during the power-up and charge the red gauge to the maximum before the power-up ends.
After entering the boss battle, first activate the power-up, and then shoot at the boss in close proximity and use the items that the boss produces in large quantities when it changes form.

Hi, I don't suppose you have any more information on how to get this trophy? Like what difficulty you played on or even what ship you used. Would be awesome if you had a video of this in action.

No matter how many times I try I barely seem to be able to get the red gauge to maximum, especially on the 1st boss like you mentioned. I have managed it on the 3rd boss but I either died/got hit afterwards.
Assuming I have this right, you collect 1000 items in order to be able to use the power up, press R2 to activate it (yellow gauge), continue to collect items to fill the red gauge before the yellow gauge runs out, and then press R2 again once the red gauge is full, after the Max Limiter has ran out, kill the boss without getting hit.

2 hours ago, sithknight666 said:

Hi, I don't suppose you have any more information on how to get this trophy? Like what difficulty you played on or even what ship you used. Would be awesome if you had a video of this in action.

No matter how many times I try I barely seem to be able to get the red gauge to maximum, especially on the 1st boss like you mentioned. I have managed it on the 3rd boss but I either died/got hit afterwards.
Assuming I have this right, you collect 1000 items in order to be able to use the power up, press R2 to activate it (yellow gauge), continue to collect items to fill the red gauge before the yellow gauge runs out, and then press R2 again once the red gauge is full, after the Max Limiter has ran out, kill the boss without getting hit.

https://twitter.com/kkprimitive/status/1511705246967693315?s=21&t=d1H_G8euQyLhS0QuZEmDTQ

I'm sorry to be on my twitter, but I have uploaded a video of me winning the trophy.
I hope it will be helpful.

Thanks for that, yes that was helpful. I can see it was on novice mode, will give it a few more tries, thanks.
It took many attempts to get the "Nice Bomb" trophy to pop and I Have an issue with the score trophies, where the 5 billion trophy has popped before the 2.5 billion, and the screenshot for the 5 billion trophy is at 500 million, 9 digits not 10, strange.

I got the "Courageous Action" Trophy! Thankyou!

I played Original Mode, Novice. Select the bottom ship, yellow in colour. Activated Max Limiter, and actually thought I had messed it up as I pressed the bomb too early, but the trophy popped. Maybe the gauge was still dropping while the bombing took place and ended before the boss died? Or maybe the bomb cancelled out the gauge and as I didn't get hit it still counted? Phew. Just the glitchy 2.5 score trophy. I deleted my save, to try and earn it again, but so far to no prevail, guess I will have to just keep playing until it pops?

Edited by sithknight666
Update

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, just one quick question. How do you get "recharge master" trophy? Any tips or advice to get it?

Regarding the "nice bomb!" trophy. I got it really easily. I launch original mode, drop manually my 3 bombs and then die by crashing myself on a plane directly. It tooks me 10 sec to do. ;)

[edit:] finally got the platinum. Regarding "recharge master" it falls by playing of expert and using the boost mode as much as possible.

Edited by Dwight_Venom