My Puyo Puyo Odyssey

RustyBacon13

I am not a hardcore gamer. I tend to shy away from games that have a difficulty level I know I wouldn't be able to handle. Give me a mindless grind any day, or an endless, easy collectible marathon and I'm a happy camper. Very relaxing to me. No From software games for me ?

But as I played through Judgement, i tried Puyo very early, lost many times, highest I got was level 6 or something, got 6/10 and thought, nah, don't think I'm gonna get this so went ahead and did EVERYTHING else.

Now at the end, right before the final set of missions and my profile says 99.8%. 99.8!!! Wtf. (I also hadn't finished GA labs but I knew that was doable). So I knew I HAD to give it a go. I had to. And for the next few days, that's all I did. Couple of hours at a time, with many, many breaks in between. Hit 14/15 wins a few times, got past 25 twice and was stuck at 9/10 for the longest time. The luck needed for the 3 tower method to work is most times infuriating. I would sometimes even get clobbered at the very first screen, more of than not, the bear would trash me at 7 wins or there was a lady at 11/12 win who would trash me as well. I turned my volume off after a bit because the Bear would let out a Oh Yeah moan like Goddamn Barry White when he gets a chain and utterly destroy me.

but then inexplicably, on one fateful run my luck on my 3 tower drops just held up for some reason and I got up 53 wins! 53!!! I hadn't even made it past 30 at that point!

So for those still trying of perhaps have given up, I offer a glimmer of hope. This can be done with the right stroke of luck. And a little bit of time, 1 or 2 hours a day with lots of breaks. My only advice is, If you haven't got your 3 stack tower fully set up and you have a pile on your left, limit your tower stack to 2 and focus on getting rid of your left before stacking to 3 again. Those few seconds are crucial. Especially against that damn Bear ?

Sorry if this is a little long, thank you for reading and Good Luck everyone! ?

• Like 4