Glitchy trophies warning

I can confirm from experience that the “Survivor” and “Hell Yeah” trophies must be achieved by playing the game straight through. Starting from a save mid game (even if you don’t save-scum-I never died) will NOT give you the trophies.

This may also be true for the collectible trophies, I’m pretty sure I got “Lock Smith,” “All Jucied Up,” and “Word smith” on a single playthrough w/o exiting the game/loading from a checkpoint.

ETA: I have the disc version of this game, can anyone confirm if the patches caused the above issue? If so, I’m going to delete the game and reinstall without updating, every time I’ve attempted this game in a single playthrough, I’ve always died at the end. Even as short as the game is, it’s getting old repeating the same things over and over. Also, is the ending more forgiving with or w/o VR, or does it not make a difference (yes I know if I downgrade, I can only play in VR)?  

ETA 2: Finally got the Platinum in VR, didn’t uninstall & downgrade (the ending controls so much better in VR-even if setting up the camera properly is for some reason a massive issue for this game-i ended up standing up the entire 25 mins because that’s the only way I could interact with items properly. I earned most of the trophies without VR due to the camera issue. Hope this info helps others. 

Random extra tip (mild spoilers): Many guides I’ve seen for this game suggest you must be playing on Hardcore mode to get the Alternate Ending trophy. This is false. In fact, I’d highly suggest going for the normal ending in hardcore mode, you’ll need less items. So...less time spent wandering around the house and chancing a random death AND less items flying around for you to grab in the end. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Also wanted to add, I got the "Hell Yeah" trophy, but "Survivor" glitched out on me when it was supposed to pop alongside Hell Yeah (considering Hardcore is permadeath mode). :(

What I did was try to exit the game and close it immediately when I got killed at the end as suggested by the guides out there. Unfortunately, THIS WILL NOT nullify your death BUT will prevent your save from getting deleted. Just a warning to those playing the NA stack that doing this approach will glitch you out of the Survivor trophy.

Seems that to get Survivor, you need to indeed play through from start to end without closing the game or reloading from a save.

EDIT: Seems this issue also exists for the EU stack. Seems that if you get killed and close the app upon dying in Hardcore mode, it writes on your save that you died, but does not automatically delete it yet if you do it fast enough. From what I heard, doing the save-scumming approach may possibly glitch out "Survivor" trophy as well.

Edited by r2rokid
Added info
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 4:12 PM, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I can confirm from experience that the “Survivor” and “Hell Yeah” trophies must be achieved by playing the game straight through. Starting from a save mid game (even if you don’t save-scum-I never died) will NOT give you the trophies.

This may also be true for the collectible trophies, I’m pretty sure I got “Lock Smith,” “All Jucied Up,” and “Word smith” on a single playthrough w/o exiting the game/loading from a checkpoint.

ETA: I have the disc version of this game, can anyone confirm if the patches caused the above issue? If so, I’m going to delete the game and reinstall without updating, every time I’ve attempted this game in a single playthrough, I’ve always died at the end. Even as short as the game is, it’s getting old repeating the same things over and over. Also, is the ending more forgiving with or w/o VR, or does it not make a difference (yes I know if I downgrade, I can only play in VR)?  

ETA 2: Finally got the Platinum in VR, didn’t uninstall & downgrade (the ending controls so much better in VR-even if setting up the camera properly is for some reason a massive issue for this game-i ended up standing up the entire 25 mins because that’s the only way I could interact with items properly. I earned most of the trophies without VR due to the camera issue. Hope this info helps others. 

Random extra tip (mild spoilers): Many guides I’ve seen for this game suggest you must be playing on Hardcore mode to get the Alternate Ending trophy. This is false. In fact, I’d highly suggest going for the normal ending in hardcore mode, you’ll need less items. So...less time spent wandering around the house and chancing a random death AND less items flying around for you to grab in the end. 

I got nothing to add except to thank you for confirming Hell Yeah and Survivor must be achieved in a single session ( I save scum'd and didn't get either.)

Anyways, fuck this shitty game and its platinum. Nine golds will have to do for me.