Four Chains

coldspectre

Disclaimer: This is just some of my tips and I can't guarantee that you will achieve a x16 multiplier - this is just a breakdown for how I unlocked the trophy for myself. 

1) Select 'Shuffle' from the main menu (The Dice Icon) 

2) Click refresh repeatably until 'colors' is set to 1 bar - until 'waves' is set to 1 bar - until 'length' is set to 5 bars

3) Now press play and create as many doubles as possible with all 3 colors (To belay confusion - the 1 bar setting for colors has 3 colors, you want to do double the balls for all 3 colors)

4) Now pause the screen with the triangle button 

5) You should have a long chain of doubles, (maybe triples, quadruples that haven't popped yet) and what you are now aiming for is to have the balls collapse into each other from the furthest possible breach in the chain. So for example if your chain appears much like this - Start>oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-o*o-oo-oo<Finish - you want to breach with a 3rd ball at roughly 3/4 of the way down where I placed *asterisk

Repeat this with refresh button as many times as you need to - it's not guaranteed to work first time but it will eventually - it's also very time consuming so you will need to be patient.

The overall effect will have the balls collapse into each other as oppose to connecting perfect pairs together and coming to an abrupt halt. 

Essentially it seems to be slightly easier with a limit of 3 colors on the longest possible chain, so keep this in mind while making your attempts.

• Like 2