Early mistakes & easily missed Encyclopedia entries

dargon_lover

1) Apparently the play area you choose in the beginning of your run can determine just how many events/artifacts and such you can access throughout your playthrough. I did not realize that... and wasted 15hrs. 

>>>CLICK HERE FOR PROPER PLACEMENT<<<

2) Literally the Equipment Encyclopedia itself. I managed to do an entire playthrough with all events and most of the Encyclopedia filled out and never picked up the Equipment-specific Encyclopedia. Get it from Mark (buff bug dad in Domina) on his day not working.

2) Make sure you talk to Alex in the Gem Shop in Gato Grottoes or Geo as soon as you can. They count as an entry in the Encyclopedia - Characters; they're the only one I missed in my first playthrough. Even though you interact with them in during story events, it won't count those interactions in the Encyclopedia. Only if you talk to them outside of story events

3) You'll fight Deathbringer. Be sure to go back and fight "Deathbringer II." It's very easy to miss, and it has its own unique entry in the Encyclopedia. 

~~~

What does NOT count toward 100% Encyclopedia completion? You do NOT need to get every armor/weapon/item. You do NOT need to capture every pet. You do NOT need to bother with the game mechanic of playing instruments to elemental spirits.

You DO need to defeat one of every enemy, but if you're following an all-events guide, the only missable one is Deathbringer II.

Edited by dargon_lover
better
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 11:23 AM, dargon_lover said:

1) Apparently the play area you choose in the beginning of your run can determine just how many events/artifacts and such you can access throughout your playthrough. I did not realize that... and wasted 15hrs. 

>>>CLICK HERE FOR PROPER PLACEMENT<<<

2) Literally the Equipment Encyclopedia itself. I managed to do an entire playthrough with all events and most of the Encyclopedia filled out and never picked up the Equipment-specific Encyclopedia. Get it from Mark (buff bug dad in Domina) on his day not working.

2) Make sure you talk to Alex in the Gem Shop in Gato Grottoes or Geo as soon as you can. They count as an entry in the Encyclopedia - Characters; they're the only one I missed in my first playthrough. Even though you interact with them in during story events, it won't count those interactions in the Encyclopedia. Only if you talk to them outside of story events

3) You'll fight Deathbringer. Be sure to go back and fight "Deathbringer II." It's very easy to miss, and it has its own unique entry in the Encyclopedia. 

~~~

What does NOT count toward 100% Encyclopedia completion? You do NOT need to get every armor/weapon/item. You do NOT need to capture every pet. You do NOT need to bother with the game mechanic of playing instruments to elemental spirits.

You DO need to defeat one of every enemy, but if you're following an all-events guide, the only missable one is Deathbringer II.

Hi there, I'm about to start the game and your tips really helped, just have one question, if I follow an event guide will a get all trophies? I only remember loving this game to bits but not much else.

On 12/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, Sunnyburrito said:

Hi there, I'm about to start the game and your tips really helped, just have one question, if I follow an event guide will a get all trophies? I only remember loving this game to bits but not much else.

Yep, you will. I used the event guide in the link I posted.

1 hour ago, dargon_lover said:

Yep, you will. I used the event guide in the link I posted.

Just note that the event guide (which I also used when going for the Plat) doesn't cover everything. For example, it doesn't include the Deathbringer II fight (which you *must* do before completing the Dragon storyline or you'll have to wait for New Game+). Also, you need to view the Encyclopedias once you've completed the requirements for the achievement to pop.