How To farm The Warrior - Moonshot Method Step-by-Step (Easy legendaries)

MoreTheVictim

How to farm The Warrior during the story mission The Talon of God for easy and a guaranteed chance of all 5 of his legendaries + several head customizations like Jack's mask and more. 

When you call in the moonshot he has a 75% chance to drop a legendary and a 25% chance to drop a head customization. 

The 5 legendaries that are in his lootpool during the mission: (he can drop all legendaries but it's unknown if he drops them during mission, I haven't seen any after about 40 runs) 

- Conference Call (Shotgun)

- Flakker (Shotgun)

- Volcano (Sniper)

- Leech (Grenade Mod)

- Impaler (Shield)

Before we get started, a few important things:

1) You MUST be on the story mission The Talon of God on any one of your characters. It can be on normal, TVHM or UVHM, each playthrough works thus it can be done 3 times and is advisable.

2) You need a 2nd controller and a 2nd character of any level (2nd player will not enter any combat at all) the more inventory slots the better but a character from scratch with 12 slots works just as fine (if you want more than 12 legendaries you will need to switch the 2nd player at some point) it probably also works in co-op but it's not optimal

Step-by-Step Method 

1) Before you make your way towards Jack and the Warrior you can choose to start in splitscreen or solo, for now it won't matter much.

2) Kill Jack and the Warrior (DO NOT CALL IN THE MOONSHOT!)

3) Pick up any loot you want and once again DO NOT CALL IN THE MOONSHOT

4) Save and quit the game. Quit to the XMB and now backup your saves to the cloud or an USB (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

5) Now boot up the game again and make sure player1 is your main character and player2 a mule or so. It's advised you sign off PSN from here on to avoid people joining your game and messing it up. 

6) When the game is loaded you will find yourself at the fast travel station. Don't not use your main character. Take player2 to the area where you just fought and you will see the Warrior on the ground waiting for you to call the MS. Simply call it in and then pick up the legendary or head custom that has dropped. The head custom will most likely be dropped around the center of the Vault Key and where Jack and Lilith are. If it's not there a legendary has dropped. The legendary will most likely drop either to the right of the MS panel (when facing it), on top of the rock behind the panel, or behind the rock on the ground. Worst case scenario it's not there and you can't find. Happened to me 3 times and I can't explain it other than guessing it could have fallen into the lava. Also pick up any eridium but DO NOT KILL JACK. DO NO TALK TO LILITH. DO NOT INTERACT WITH VAULT KEY. Most other loot isn't worth it other than a few assault rifle I found worth over 120k (TVHM, level 50) and a purple rocket launcher with 228k DMG of level 50. You might find something else you like but it's best to leave room for the legendaries. Any skins and head customs can always be taken and unlocked by using them in the inventory. 

7) Once you have taken everything you want DO NOT KILL JACK OR TALK TO LILITH. Press start with the 2nd controller and press circle. This will ask you if you're sure you want to leave as the 2nd players and all other players will remain and progress will be saved for 2nd player. Make sure it says 2nd player and then confirm it. This will save the game for the 2nd player and quit only for him/her. Your first player will not be saved and here comes to good part. 

8) Quit to the XMB via the PS button (DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT TO MAIN MENU WITH 1ST PLAYER) 

9) Now boot up the game again and do the same as before. You can call in the MS over and over again as long as you follow these steps. 

A few important things:

1) Try not to die (falling in lava) since the game will save for both players. But don't worry if you called in the MS already, that's why we backupped the saves. Simply recover the save from the first player and you're back before calling in the MS. You don't have to keep making a backup, only once before the MS is what we need.

2) Any cash and eridium taken will not be saved for the first player even though it always shares it. This is because you will not save the game for the first player. Unfortunately you can't trade eridium so your 2nd character(s) will likely end up with atleast 100 eridium or more

3) Don't worry about the Rakk flying overhead, they will not attack you unless provoked. I have never been attacked in my 40 runs or so

4) This quote by Dragon-Archon:

This method is also a great way to powerlevel the Gunzerker and Assassin for the So Much Blood and Unseen Predator trophies while farming legendaries.

On TVHM I was getting 25502 XP for my 2nd player for calling in the MS. That's a great way to level up.

I hope this helps many people and if I think of anything important I forgot or need to add I'll gladly do so.

For any questions, you can post them here, sent me a message on the forums or sent me a message on PSN.

Good luck and happy looting. :)

Edited by MrCostari
  • Like 1

How to farm The Warrior during the story mission The Talon of God for easy and a guaranteed chance of all 5 of his legendaries + several head customizations like Jack's mask and more. 

When you call in the moonshot he has a 75% chance to drop a legendary and a 25% chance to drop a head customization. 

The 5 legendaries that are in his lootpool during the mission: (he can drop all legendaries but it's unknown if he drops them during mission, I haven't seen any after about 40 runs) 

- Conference Call (Shotgun)

- Flakker (Shotgun)

- Volcano (Sniper)

- Leech (Grenade Mod)

- Impaler (Shield)

Before we get started, a few important things:

1) You MUST be on the story mission The Talon of God on any one of your characters. It can be on normal, TVHM or UVHM, each playthrough works thus it can be done 3 times and is advisable.

2) You need a 2nd controller and a 2nd character of any level (2nd player will not enter any combat at all) the more inventory slots the better but a character from scratch with 12 slots works just as fine (if you want more than 12 legendaries you will need to switch the 2nd player at some point) it probably also works in co-op but it's not optimal

Step-by-Step Method 

1) Before you make your way towards Jack and the Warrior you can choose to start in splitscreen or solo, for now it won't matter much.

2) Kill Jack and the Warrior (DO NOT CALL IN THE MOONSHOT!)

3) Pick up any loot you want and once again DO NOT CALL IN THE MOONSHOT

4) Save and quit the game. Quit to the XMB and now backup your saves to the cloud or an USB (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

5) Now boot up the game again and make sure player1 is your main character and player2 a mule or so. It's advised you sign off PSN from here on to avoid people joining your game and messing it up. 

6) When the game is loaded you will find yourself at the fast travel station. Don't not use your main character. Take player2 to the area where you just fought and you will see the Warrior on the ground waiting for you to call the MS. Simply call it in and then pick up the legendary or head custom that has dropped. The head custom will most likely be dropped around the center of the Vault Key and where Jack and Lilith are. If it's not there a legendary has dropped. The legendary will most likely drop either to the right of the MS panel (when facing it), on top of the rock behind the panel, or behind the rock on the ground. Worst case scenario it's not there and you can't find. Happened to me 3 times and I can't explain it other than guessing it could have fallen into the lava. Also pick up any eridium but DO NOT KILL JACK. DO NO TALK TO LILITH. DO NOT INTERACT WITH VAULT KEY. Most other loot isn't worth it other than a few assault rifle I found worth over 120k (TVHM, level 50) and a purple rocket launcher with 228k DMG of level 50. You might find something else you like but it's best to leave room for the legendaries. Any skins and head customs can always be taken and unlocked by using them in the inventory. 

7) Once you have taken everything you want DO NOT KILL JACK OR TALK TO LILITH. Press start with the 2nd controller and press circle. This will ask you if you're sure you want to leave as the 2nd players and all other players will remain and progress will be saved for 2nd player. Make sure it says 2nd player and then confirm it. This will save the game for the 2nd player and quit only for him/her. Your first player will not be saved and here comes to good part. 

8) Quit to the XMB via the PS button (DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT TO MAIN MENU WITH 1ST PLAYER) 

9) Now boot up the game again and do the same as before. You can call in the MS over and over again as long as you follow these steps. 

A few important things:

1) Try not to die (falling in lava) since the game will save for both players. But don't worry if you called in the MS already, that's why we backupped the saves. Simply recover the save from the first player and you're back before calling in the MS. You don't have to keep making a backup, only once before the MS is what we need.

2) Any cash and eridium taken will not be saved for the first player even though it always shares it. This is because you will not save the game for the first player. Unfortunately you can't trade eridium so your 2nd character(s) will likely end up with atleast 100 eridium or more

3) Don't worry about the Rakk flying overhead, they will not attack you unless provoked. I have never been attacked in my 40 runs or so

I hope this helps many people and if I think of anything important I forgot or need to add I'll gladly do so.

For any questions, you can post them here, sent me a message on the forums or sent me a message on PSN.

Good luck and happy looting. :)

Nice Costari, very impressive. I'm going to try it (a few dozen times :D ). This method is also a great way to powerlevel the Gunzerker and Assassin for the So Much Blood and Unseen Predator trophies while farming legendaries.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Nice Costari, very impressive. I'm going to try it (a few dozen times :D ). This method is also a great way to powerlevel the Gunzerker and Assassin for the So Much Blood and Unseen Predator trophies while farming legendaries.

Thanks! I forgot, I should mention. On TVHM I was getting 25502 XP per moonshot for my 2nd player (and only 5k because my main character was 50)