Warning for PS4 players wanting the platinum

Just got the platinum and just wanted to let people playing on PS4 know that it takes around 70 hours to complete which is a lot more than the PS5 version. 

The reason for this is that each time you complete a mission, it will not show up again until all other 28 missions are completed (there are 29 missions in total). This differs from the PS5 version because the publisher confirmed for me that you can just refresh the missions on the mission screen on PS5 for specific missions to come up again. Apparently it has something to do with how they designed the PS4 to save the game.

Since there is only 1 mission out of the 29 that is for tarring roads, then you have to complete 14 full rounds of the 29 missions (406 missions in total) and then do the tar road mission one more time. Doing a full lot of 29 missions takes around 5 hours so this takes a while. 

The other thing to consider there is still a few bugs in this game. I had plenty of times where I was not able to pick up items so I had to reset the mission or a truck would get stuck in the road and you again would have to restart, so this added even more time in getting the platinum.

Thought it was worth mentioning so people are aware of what they would be getting into before you start.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up this explains everything. I definitely had those issues as well when I was playing it on my PS4. If you are ok with this, I will mention this on the trophy guide. Especially the fact that this is confirmed by the publisher. ??

Edited by Hazmatronian
spelling errors
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:42 AM, Hazmatronian said:

Thanks for the heads up this explains everything. I definitely had those issues as well when I was playing it on my PS4. If you are ok with this, I will mention this on the trophy guide. Especially the fact that this is confirmed by the publisher. 1f60a.png1f44d.png

No issues from my side if you want to mention this in a trophy guide. Also, feel free to mention that some players may take a bit longer to do a full playthrough of missions before it resets as per what ImStylinOnYaBro has said above from their playthrough.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Toots4You said:

No issues from my side if you want to mention this in a trophy guide. Also, feel free to mention that some players may take a bit longer to do a full playthrough of missions before it resets as per what ImStylinOnYaBro has said above from their playthrough.

This is a good enough description in the image text shown below? Please let me know if needs changing/edits or something. Apologies if there are any spelling mistakes. I'm terrible at spelling and/or grammar. Also if you want I am willing to add you to allow editing this trophy guide if you like. Plus the extra help would be appreciated. ??

IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN SELECTING MISSIONS (For PS4 Users)

It has been confirmed by Toots4You on this forum post that when selecting missions it differs on the PS5 and the PS4 version. The issue is when you complete a mission, the mission doesn't show up again on the mission selection. It will only appear again once you have completed all 29 missions by replaying them again in a cycle. This is due to the way that the PS4 saves data according to the publishers. This issue can cause you to take more time to achieve the Platinum All Trophies trophy. This is why this guide has an estimated time of 70 hours to complete. However, if you are playing this on PS5, this shouldn't apply to you and take much less time to complete.
Edited by Hazmatronian
Image didn't show so it's replaced with text with formatting instead
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hazmatronian said:

This is a good enough description in the image text shown below? Please let me know if needs changing/edits or something. Apologies if there are any spelling mistakes. I'm terrible at spelling and/or grammar. Also if you want I am willing to add you to allow editing this trophy guide if you like. Plus the extra help would be appreciated. 1f60a.png1f44d.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN SELECTING MISSIONS (For PS4 Users)

It has been confirmed by Toots4You on this forum post that when selecting missions it differs on the PS5 and the PS4 version. The issue is when you complete a mission, the mission doesn't show up again on the mission selection. It will only appear again once you have completed all 29 missions by replaying them again in a cycle. This is due to the way that the PS4 saves data according to the publishers. This issue can cause you to take more time to achieve the Platinum All Trophies trophy. This is why this guide has an estimated time of 70 hours to complete. However, if you are playing this on PS5, this shouldn't apply to you and take much less time to complete.

No changes required from what you wrote. It looks good.

Feel free to add me on as an editor for the guide if you want. Just keep in mind it has been a few months since I played either version of the game so I might not remember everything about it anymore.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Toots4You said:

No changes required from what you wrote. It looks good.

Feel free to add me on as an editor for the guide if you want. Just keep in mind it has been a few months since I played either version of the game so I might not remember everything about it anymore.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

I have added you in, so you can now edit it if you like or add more stuff etc.

I can understand if you don't remember too much about the game. It's been a while for me too. Plus I don't have a PS5 console yet so I only got the PS4 version. I am planning to get one though. But feel free to take your time. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. Either way, your help is appreciated ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that the PS5 version suffers from a similar problem. I only need to finish the marking the road, signs and tar the roads missions but the mission board only gives me replace the guard rail, pick up trash and add)remove cordens no matter how many times I refresh.

The idea of having to go through all these missions numerous times just to complete the others is ridiculous, the road tarring mission only comes up a couple of times per cycle and I still need to do 10 or so of them, it's such a shoddy design!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Want to leave this here for future players and people currently playing. Just like RedundantSquash mentioned, the PS5 version of the game also suffers from cycling through each mission once. For example, if you do the "Tar Road" mission you will have to finish the other missions for the cycle to refresh, and sadly there are 29 missions in total. However, there is a bit of work around for players who are able to save their game data to the cloud. Here is a list of the steps I followed to reduce my overall play time after reading through this forum and figuring out what was going on.

1. I made a note of all the 29 missions based on the trophy list. At the time I played, I was going through the 2nd cycle of the 29 missions. The game groups missions in fives, and I as you get closer to finishing the cycle the missions assigned get smaller until a new cycle beginnings.

2. I finished my current cycle. To ensure I was done with my cycle, I went to the mission area by the door and opened up the mission assignments. I scrolled through the mission list to check that new and different missions are showing up, I DID NOT START A MISSION. I closed the mission window and opened it again to check for new missions; this is being done to ensure that missions I needed for trophies are showing up. Once I saw the missions for the trophies I did not have, I closed the game and I uploaded my game data to the cloud. I then TURNED OFF "AUTO SYNC" DATA.

3. I opened the game and played through the missions I needed for trophies. During this time, the game saves its data unto my console. Therefore I can return to the game and pick up where I left off. 

4. Once I finished playing through the missions I needed with the data on my console, I closed the game and went to "Saved Game Data" in my "Settings." To play it safe I deleted the game data on my console (For those on PS5, please be aware of which tab you are on because you can accidentally upload your current data. And you'll have to play over and over). I then downloaded the game data from the cloud back unto my console. 

5. From here it was rinse and repeat with downloading my saved cloud data and replaying the missions I need to get trophies.

I was able to finish the game with 36 hours. If anyone reading this has any suggestions for rewording anything, please let me know; this is the first time I am contributing to a gameplay. I do hope this helps anyone looking to platinum this game. Happy Hunting 🍻 

Edited by LApingpongkid