Challenge 6 Round 5?

BigMeowOfAZ

Hello,

Once you get rid of the ball droids (LFE or grenade them all ASAP), what is the trick to taking down the bogeys?  I've taken down the blue Bogey twice before, but the red one still gets me.

Do you just boost dodge nonstop to evade attacks, or hide behind the stairs at the starting point for cover?

As for attacking, should you only fire on either Bogey after they unleash one of their attacks, like the single Bogey in Round 2?  I can handle him pretty consistently with the statue for cover...which usually isn't there anymore come Round 5.

Of course, you would only attack in AR mode to maximize your opportunity to damage them.  And how much of your gauge should you spend on attacking? 50% at most?

I just want to close this one out, and finish this awesome game with a flourish and a platinum. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigMeowOfAZ said:

I found this online, not sure if it'll help.

Turns out I really WAS having terrible luck. Funny that the one time the Bogeys weren't in full berserk attacking mode from the start, I actually managed to scrape by.

When it was down to just one Bogey, I had pretty much won. Though I must say, two cigarettes saved my ass big-time at that point. Literally the only time in the entire game (and even challenge 6) that cigarettes ever did anything for me.

Didn't touch the rocket launcher beyond taking out a flying turret with it. Not even HMG, I preferred Assault Rifle for reliability at longer ranges. Couldn't have killed Blue without it.

Lock-on Laser was my salvation, and took out about 80% of Red's health once Blue went down. Even managed it without the statue (which was lost in round 3 to a headless Romanov-D, along with most other cover in that area). Although all that statue ever did for me was get me killed.

I used the single layer of sandbags at the far end of the battleground (near the statue center, but off to the side near an Assault Rifle drop pod). Red could barely touch me there. The aforementioned cigarettes saved me when he did the multi-laser attack while I was overheated and couldn't properly dodge.

Here are my own tips, for anyone still struggling:

-Take out Blue first! Not necessarily for his rocket launcher, but because he's the one who uses those dreaded EMPs. You don't want the hyper-mode Bogey to be the one with EMPs. In contrast, Red's bomb scatter attack is laughable, and only a danger if you're otherwise distracted.

-Rocket launcher wasn't very effective strategically, and often got me killed (or wasted time). If you feel confident, use it, but it's quite easy to win without using it in round 5.

-Lock on Laser is a godsend. Use it! It's THAT useful, especially if you manage to find cover that lasts more than a few seconds. I even used the upgrade on it, and saved almost 2 full LoLs for the hyper-bogey at the end.

-Assault Rifle instead of HMG should be considered. HMG does lots of damage, but Assault Rifle is much more accurate at longer ranges. This means a greater ability to reliably damage a Bogey that's at long range.

-Once one Bogey has gone down and the other is hyper, cover becomes MUCH more useful. His fast flying is just a ruse, meant to distract and intimidate you. He doesn't attack more than the two Bogeys earlier, nor are his attacks worse (although he does gain the machinegun or sniper laser of the other Bogey), as well as the super-laser (multi or big beam) of the other. Not EMPs/bombs, though.

-If possible, save all three cigarettes for this part. Cigs tend to fall flat vs. the two Bogeys (in my experience, at least), but vs. the last hyper-Bogey, if used at the right time, can redirect the entirety of a multi-laser attack while you sit peacefully behind destructible cover. And because there's only one, it's easy to know he's far enough away that it'll work.

My last tip, for those unable to regularly beat round 4... you don't stand a chance in round 5 if you can't handle 4. Round 4 tests your ability to avoid a lot of fire and converging enemies. When you can start handling round 4 with (relative) ease, then you're ready for 5.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, Sgznf said:

I found this online, not sure if it'll help.

Turns out I really WAS having terrible luck. Funny that the one time the Bogeys weren't in full berserk attacking mode from the start, I actually managed to scrape by.

When it was down to just one Bogey, I had pretty much won. Though I must say, two cigarettes saved my ass big-time at that point. Literally the only time in the entire game (and even challenge 6) that cigarettes ever did anything for me.

Didn't touch the rocket launcher beyond taking out a flying turret with it. Not even HMG, I preferred Assault Rifle for reliability at longer ranges. Couldn't have killed Blue without it.

Lock-on Laser was my salvation, and took out about 80% of Red's health once Blue went down. Even managed it without the statue (which was lost in round 3 to a headless Romanov-D, along with most other cover in that area). Although all that statue ever did for me was get me killed.

I used the single layer of sandbags at the far end of the battleground (near the statue center, but off to the side near an Assault Rifle drop pod). Red could barely touch me there. The aforementioned cigarettes saved me when he did the multi-laser attack while I was overheated and couldn't properly dodge.

Here are my own tips, for anyone still struggling:

-Take out Blue first! Not necessarily for his rocket launcher, but because he's the one who uses those dreaded EMPs. You don't want the hyper-mode Bogey to be the one with EMPs. In contrast, Red's bomb scatter attack is laughable, and only a danger if you're otherwise distracted.

-Rocket launcher wasn't very effective strategically, and often got me killed (or wasted time). If you feel confident, use it, but it's quite easy to win without using it in round 5.

-Lock on Laser is a godsend. Use it! It's THAT useful, especially if you manage to find cover that lasts more than a few seconds. I even used the upgrade on it, and saved almost 2 full LoLs for the hyper-bogey at the end.

-Assault Rifle instead of HMG should be considered. HMG does lots of damage, but Assault Rifle is much more accurate at longer ranges. This means a greater ability to reliably damage a Bogey that's at long range.

-Once one Bogey has gone down and the other is hyper, cover becomes MUCH more useful. His fast flying is just a ruse, meant to distract and intimidate you. He doesn't attack more than the two Bogeys earlier, nor are his attacks worse (although he does gain the machinegun or sniper laser of the other Bogey), as well as the super-laser (multi or big beam) of the other. Not EMPs/bombs, though.

-If possible, save all three cigarettes for this part. Cigs tend to fall flat vs. the two Bogeys (in my experience, at least), but vs. the last hyper-Bogey, if used at the right time, can redirect the entirety of a multi-laser attack while you sit peacefully behind destructible cover. And because there's only one, it's easy to know he's far enough away that it'll work.

My last tip, for those unable to regularly beat round 4... you don't stand a chance in round 5 if you can't handle 4. Round 4 tests your ability to avoid a lot of fire and converging enemies. When you can start handling round 4 with (relative) ease, then you're ready for 5.

yeah I figured use rockets and HMG to take out BIAs in Round 4 since they take so much damage to kill, but should I save the upgrade cube for Round 5 for the lock-on laser or assault rifle?

As for the red bogey sniper shot, time your boost rolls to avoid them instead of just boost rolling back and forth?  that's the one attack that always seems to nail me.

as for round 5 after blue bogey is down, do I go back to stairwell area or keep my distance from red bogey with the lock-on laser, assault rifle and cigarettes?

I usually show up to Round 5 with 3 EMPs, 2 grenades and all 3 cigs.  EMPs only seem to stun the bogeys for two seconds at most though

Edited by BigMeowOfAZ
  • Like 1