All my tips for platinum

This little guide I wrote is for anyone who has just started playing and thinks platinum is too hard.

First of all I want to mention how good this game is. As a child I played CNK but not CTR, so my initial goal was to be able to play on all the CTR tracks that I haven't played in the past and relive those of CNK on my PS4. In a short time this goal turned into getting platinum (I'm not a platinum hunter) because I just enjoyed the game so much. I'll talk about the 2 trophies that scare new players the most, beating all time trials of Oxide and completing the adventure in hard mode. At first, like a lot of players, they both seemed impossible to me and I started reading solutions or tips online. Only one thing turned out to be the most effective solution and it's also a very obvious one: practice. It doesn't take long, it's more like learning the corners of tracks while trying to keep the turbo (especially sacred fire and blue fire) all the way around or at least 90% of it. Maintaining the turbo and the right line may seem difficult at first, but you'll master all of this from day to day and then it'll be pure normality. My advice is to initially finish the adventure in easy or normal mode, you'll have no problem finishing first in all the races even if you're new to the game. By the way, to receive the hard mode trophy, you won't need to complete the adventure but only win the 16 races in hard mode (so no Relics, Crystal Challenges and CTR Races needed). But in any case, I recommend to do the time trials before the adventure in hard mode as this one requires to master the constant turbo technique mentioned earlier very well. Of course you'll need to master it for time trials as well, but here there's more margin for error especially in some tracks where Oxide and Tropy go slower than other tracks. I'll place a guide on the difficulty of each track published by user Bykovsky7, it's very accurate. Start mastering the turbo in those of the Easy category and later you won't have big problems doing the others too. 

Edited by Piixers_
  • Like 1

Good tips.  I'd like to add 2 things since I've recently platinumed CTR.  For the record, I'm bad at racing games too and if I could do it, so can you.

1.  Try to learn U-turn technique.  This will cut your time significantly, helps control sacred fire, and can make or break the oxide trials.  Especially I had to do it on Dragon Mines, Cortex Castle, Hot Air Skyways that I kept using on. 

2.  If you want sacred fire last very long time, keep comboing boostpads, jumps, and drifting "Perfects" as much as possible to build up reserves.  More reserves = Sacred fired go brrrrrrrrr long time.  If anyone knows the infamous Tiny Temple, you have to keep blue flame the whole 2 laps (very hard for newbies).  I found out why I kept failing is because I didn't drift enough perfects (even though I keep drifting 3x with goods).  So after about 20 runs, I tried to race only perfect drifting and it made a BIG difference.  It lasted way longer than usual and I don't need to drift as much.

• Like 1