New to Game, Can't Access Story Mission 01

TL;DR - Started the game late and with all of the DLC installed. Can't go to Time Nest without triggering cutscene involving Fu, Janemba, and loads of post-main-story spoilers. Can't uninstall > reinstall without certain DLC (won't let me select content to reinstall), including whichever one leads to post-Janemba arc. Can I prevent/go around this?

I've seen this post made very year or so on other forums made specifically for Xenoverse 2, wherein new DLC comes out and anyone who isn't totally maxed out to the previous caps prior to the content's launch has their game messed up to some capacity. Something that was there previously was moved, something they could do before gets obstructed by the sudden presence of a new NPC or quests or cinematics, etc. But none of the solutions I've seen offered have worked for me and whatever content I have installed seems to completely take precedence over the base game.

Coming from Xenoverse 1. I'm through the initial fight with Raditz, Z ranked all of the very first batch of PQs (I think it was up to and including PQ 5), Z ranked all four mentor missions for Krillin, Yamcha, and Piccolo, have done half the Elder Kai tutorial briefs located in the school courtyard, have spoken with Supreme Kai of Time to get my imported hero data as well as the hologram activated, and have even passed the first two examination fights (the next one I have involves fighting Dodoria, Zarbon, Ginyu, and Frieza). My map at that point showed a red scroll and a green scroll. I was of the understanding, based on NPC dialogue, I was to go to the Time Nest to progress, but every time I enter, I am greeted immediately with a cutscene involving Time Patrol Trunks (whom I haven't met in X2 yet), dialogue about Janemba (obviously not there yet), and Fu (obviously haven't met him yet in this game, either). I closed out of the game before the cinematic ended and tested repeatedly with the same result.

I read somewhere that I may need to speak to more NPCs, so I scoured the entire hub area - all shop droids, every time patroller NPC (on the ground; still can't fly yet), every mentor I can reach (can't train with more than half of them), I used the Transfer Shops to get to the floating race-based pocket worlds and spoke to everyone in each of those. I made sure to enable every Transfer Shop I could reach on foot. I attempted to do some online PQs because a pop-up kept recommending that, but there was nobody at my level online, everyone else was far above me and that immediately says to me that nobody needed to do online PQs to advance since somebody had to advance in the first place. I repeated Krillin's milk delivery event maybe four times, received Amy's contest winning armor, listened to the Conton City broadcasts for a bit. Hit every Question Mark NPC I could find and read through the short tutorial pop-up windows for each. Repeatedly I would do any number of these things and then attempt to enter the Time Nest only to see the same cutscene start up every time. I'm not even to the point where other players can be seen running around New Conton City, I read that I was supposed to defeat Dodoria in order for that to be triggered but again, all the content I can access at this point is for the most part still centered around the Saiyan Saga.

On PS4, there is no content management; the game and DLC are an all-or-nothing install with the exception of something called "Super Pack 2", so I uninstalled the entire game with my save file backed up, reinstalled with the box unticked for "Super Pack 2" (was not given the option to toggle any of the others), and booted the game back up. My map at this point showed only a red scroll up at the Time Nest. I enter the Time Nest...... and I still can only view the aforementioned DLC cutscene, so I close out again. Haven't booted up since.

What am I doing wrong? I just want to play the base game content, avoid spoilers, avoid being thrown immediately into a quest that I cannot complete due to being dozens of levels too low, and progress as the game was originally intended, before moving on to the DLC. Is that even possible anymore, now that I've purchased all of this content? Was this an absolutely terrible design oversight, that I now will have to sit through this cutscene from 50 hours into the game and then play the game entirely out of order? I bought the game ages ago so I can't even get a refund, but I'm honestly not interested in playing this at all if this is how the game is structured, it's a mess. Please let me know if there is something major I'm missing, this is really hard to believe they'd screw up this badly at the standard retail price point this game still sits at.

I would easily settle for a way to skip the cutscene if it

1. Were guaranteed to be rewatchable, and
  2. Allowed me to then immediately proceed into the Time Nest as though I were trying to access the next base game mission

so please let me know if that is an option, as well.

• 8 months later...

you should be able to skip the cutscene with the options button but if not, then just let it play out and it will let you onto the main story (i own a lot of the DLC and a similar thing happened to me when I tried making a new character but after the cutscene played everything was good),

and as for rewatching them, just create a new character and either your first or second time entering the time nest will replay the cutscene (in my experience)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Freestyler589 said:

you should be able to skip the cutscene with the options button but if not, then just let it play out and it will let you onto the main story (i own a lot of the DLC and a similar thing happened to me when I tried making a new character but after the cutscene played everything was good),

and as for rewatching them, just create a new character and either your first or second time entering the time nest will replay the cutscene (in my experience)

Thanks — I should have updated this awhile ago, I made it through expecting to get thrown right into a mission but obviously it just ends abruptly and then you continue with story mode, what an odd way to structure it...

The rewatching part was bothering me, but that makes sense to just make a new character to see it, I'll give that a shot eventually.