Drop rate for rare materials

bobthecrazydog

I couldn’t find much in the way of stats from others, so in case it helps anyone or gives you an idea of what you are dealing with, these are some numbers I put together in my farming runs for the most obnoxious items.

Pickups:

Eagle Eggs - pick up under chiefs hut appears about 50% of the time. Egg drops about 1/50 of those, i.e. 2% chance of the pick up being an egg, or 1% chance overall with each reload.

Black Pearl - pick up appeared about 1/15 (about 7%) of the time. Best was two in a row, worst after 26. Three appear on each reload so on average expect to find one every five or six runs.

Pyrite - got one on average every other full run in the temple, or in about 1/5 loads on the bridge there. I think three pick ups appear each run (0-2 on the bridge) so about 10% chance of finding one.

Drops:

Subdued bracelet - got two by dumb luck on normal first playthrough. Third one went like this… killed 21 on easy and got two metal piercings and one health salve…killed 21 on normal and got one metal piercing and four health salves…killed 40 on hard and got four metal piercings, seven health salves and one subdued bracelet. Best guess is about 1/100 on hard as I had killed at least 100 on previous runs on hard. And I found zero of them farming on earlier runs on easy and normal, minus the two obviously extremely lucky drops.

Metal piercing - about 1/10 on all difficulties it seemed to me, rising a bit on hard perhaps.

Forlorn necklace - no success at all on hard, killing over 100. One on normal by luck. Two on easy quite quickly, one after six kills at the shrine, one after six kills at northern plains. Rarity then on hard perhaps 1/100, on easy 1/10? Needs more analysis from others for sure…

All other drops - much better success on hard with everything, particularly dented metal bat, stopped clock and broken wristwatch.

In general then as numerous people have said over the years play on hard all the time you can, except if you are struggling with forlorn necklace.

I had +25% item drop rate on in my runs. Taking it off for forlorn necklace or any other thing didn’t help me. I spent at least eight or nine hours farming for just two forlorn necklaces and my last subdued bracelet. Only thing that made any noticeable difference was going to easy on the necklace and hard on the bracelet.