You Can't Be The Same Character

LegendExeter

So for those who started as a group and went through the game, good for you.

The rest of you who started solo and then tried to join an online game to go for insane mode, might have found a rude awakening.  In an online multiplayer game, you CANT be the same Knight or character as someone else in the current team.  While it might seem so simple, this came as quite a shock as after creating the session, getting 5 of only 4 people needed and then finding out 3 of us used the same Orange Knight and cannot all play together.

Should this random and rare event occur to you, you can either create a new session, look for new friends, or you will have to take a different character and level them all the way up and go through the whole normal mode game again.  We tested the idea of, "can I just go beat the final boss with a level 20 character and then quick jump to insane mode"...no...no that doesn't work either.  We beat the boss, yet the dune where the insane mode is supposed to appear, does not show up, because all of the levels that this level 20 character skipped, they have to go through and beat(similar to how insane mode works).

I didn't see this mentioned in the guide or the forums, I'm sure many might say "I knew that", apparently none in my group and myself did not though.  Hope this helps someone :)