Medal Of Honour Frontline question.

In the game Medal Of Honour Frontline, do you have to end the level with exactly 75% health as part of a requirement for the gold medal or can you go above that? I know the other requirement is to kill 95% enemies and I could of sworn I killed at least 95% enemies on a level I was playing and I finished the level with 100% health but only got a bronze medal.

The best I have achieved on the level is a silver medal but ended up getting a bronze on the level recently even though I possibly did kill 95% enemies in the level and finished the level with 100% health.

Edited by BrettyBoy

you can end the level with anything over 75% health.  but theres are some secret enemy spawns like you need to activate every mg turret through out a level because they force extra enemies to spawn in. there is also a level where climbing up a ladder into a windmill tower will cause more enemies to spawn, things like that.

i ended up watching gold medal runs for a few missions but its mainly activating the mg turrets that helped me get golds, any help?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, acronym_of_death said:

you can end the level with anything over 75% health.  but theres are some secret enemy spawns like you need to activate every mg turret through out a level because they force extra enemies to spawn in. there is also a level where climbing up a ladder into a windmill tower will cause more enemies to spawn, things like that.

i ended up watching gold medal runs for a few missions but its mainly activating the mg turrets that helped me get golds, any help?

Thanks, man and on this level, there is a way to get inside the bunker at the start of the level.

PS2 version but same thing still: 

oh yeah, another one i can remember is there is a turret on a train segment near the start of the mission 'a chance meeting' but you cant interact with it until you pull a lever to detach the trains segment and it will roll into place then it allow you to use it

and the windmill i was talking about is on mission 'rough landing' if you needa see it

34 minutes ago, acronym_of_death said:

oh yeah, another one i can remember is there is a turret on a train segment near the start of the mission 'a chance meeting' but you cant interact with it until you pull a lever to detach the trains segment and it will roll into place then it allow you to use it

and the windmill i was talking about is on mission 'rough landing' if you needa see it

Thanks, man. Them gold medals are no cake walk.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2022 at 11:25 AM, YarasMP7 said:

I only need three more gold medals then my gold medal playthough is done with and then I will do a trophy clean up and afterwards, do my hard mode through,

15 minutes ago, BrettyBoy said:

I only need three more gold medals then my gold medal playthough is done with and then I will do a trophy clean up and afterwards, do my hard mode through,

nice work its good to have the experience before going hard mode ,makes it a bit smoother

only tip id give for hard mode is be mindful of your health at the end of a levels (like under 30hp) because it carries over, unless its the beginning of a new chapter then you will have 100hp

4 minutes ago, YarasMP7 said:

nice work its good to have the experience before going hard mode ,makes it a bit smoother

only tip id give for hard mode is be mindful of your health at the end of a levels (like under 30hp) because it carries over, unless its the beginning of a new chapter then you will have 100hp

Thanks, man. I will bare that in mind. ✅

On 18/07/2022 at 1:27 AM, YarasMP7 said:

I have finished my gold medal playthough and deleted my save file just to be on the safe side as I heard the hard mode trophy glitches if you chapter select. 

Do you change the difficulty setting in options first and then click play and then new game or do you chapter select just this once? I’m doing everything I can to not have the trophy glitch on me.

Edited by BrettyBoy

10 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

I have finished my gold medal playthough and deleted my save file just to be on the safe side as I heard the hard mode trophy glitches if you chapter select. 

Do you change the difficulty setting in options first and then click play and then new game or do you chapter select just this once? I’m doing everything I can to not have the trophy glitch on me.

yeah i did the same thing i deleted my save file, reloaded game, set difficulty to hard in settings, then new game

i was to paranoid about using chapter select so i completely avoided it, when you take a break and load up the next day or whatever id continue with the "next mission" option, instead of chapter selecting. this worked for me

4 minutes ago, YarasMP7 said:

yeah i did the same thing i deleted my save file, reloaded game, set difficulty to hard in settings, then new game

i was to paranoid about using chapter select so i completely avoided it, when you take a break and load up the next day or whatever id continue with the "next mission" option, instead of chapter selecting. this worked for me

Thanks, man. ✅

15 hours ago, YarasMP7 said:

Just one last question, is quitting the game ok as long as you click ‘Next level’ next time you play?

7 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

Just one last question, is quitting the game ok as long as you click ‘Next level’ next time you play?

yeah when i got sick of dying in a level id press start and exit to menu, then quit game through xmb.

next day id continue with 'next  level' option

if thats what you mean? i had no trouble this way

7 hours ago, YarasMP7 said:

yeah when i got sick of dying in a level id press start and exit to menu, then quit game through xmb.

Yes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/07/2022 at 0:02 AM, YarasMP7 said:

I’m up to the the golden lion mission. I was close to finishing the mission on one of my attempts but got destroyed by the bazooka guy.

Edited by BrettyBoy

@BrettyBoy yeah this is the most infamous mission on hard, bazooka guy got me too

id recommend watching a guide or two for that part where the truck crashes on the bridge to see some ways of dealing with it (and the bazooka guy), it can be a little random/luck based

from memory i think you wanna shoot the guys on the barricade when you crash then hug the wall of the houses as fast as you can so the guys on the roof dont have an angle on you, then snipe the bazooka guy whos running down the path towards you, then take the guys off the roof (my memory is blurry so watch a video)

the best tip i have is to not lose your patience with this mission

9 hours ago, YarasMP7 said:

@BrettyBoy yeah this is the most infamous mission on hard, bazooka guy got me too

id recommend watching a guide or two for that part where the truck crashes on the bridge to see some ways of dealing with it (and the bazooka guy), it can be a little random/luck based

from memory i think you wanna shoot the guys on the barricade when you crash then hug the wall of the houses as fast as you can so the guys on the roof dont have an angle on you, then snipe the bazooka guy whos running down the path towards you, then take the guys off the roof (my memory is blurry so watch a video)

the best tip i have is to not lose your patience with this mission

Thanks, man. That mission is the hardest one? I will be glad to have it done and over with if so.