Corrupted Save File

AngusHac

So, I did 2 finals until now, and got 97% of all collectibles in each playtrough. But after the credits my save file get corrupted and I have to start everything again (all collectibles and game progression dissapear). I can't do chapter selection after the credits, only a new game. 

I did a backup after the 2nd final but it's also corrupted. 

Anyone had the same problem ? Or have suggestions to work around that ?

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it, I ran into this corrupt save file after uploading it to cloud. I've done this countless times for this particular game due to lack of manual save.

It takes me to the credit page but it will NOT show chapter select anymore. Anyone know how to fix?...

Edit: couldn't fix it so I had to do a FULL playthrough but luckily, it was my final one. The corrupt save happened from the epilogue for those curious.

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

This happened to me last night.  I completed my blood pact playthrough and intended to chapter select from chapter 4 to start the Hackett's Quarry Massacre but my save file corrupted.  I quit the game after I completed it and uploaded to the cloud, then opened the game back up again and the save file corrupted.  I noticed Chapter Select was available after the credits but I closed the game, uploaded to the cloud, opened the game and the save file was corrupted and Chapter Select was no longer available.  Maybe after finishing the game, used Chapter Select before you quit or upload so people don't run into this in the future.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This has also happened to me I didn’t watch all the credits. I quit to main screen after listening to the podcast. I accepted the death rewind, selected chapter select, selected my save file and boom corrupted?

Is there a sure way to prevent this?  so frustrating 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It happened to me, too. Thought it was because of my ps5 or internet connection. THANK GOD I got the trophie for all collectibles (clues) 5 minutes before it happened. It happened right after I uploaded the save to the cloud. Maybe it has something to do with Uploading the Save.

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93