Worth Starting Overwatch????

Rataclies

we aren't sure what's happening with the trophies yet. Having the game be replaced is something I've not seen before with any other game, and we know that trophies can't be deleted...

Either:

• a new list will be made, with a new platinum 
  • all new trophies will just be DLC additions to the main list
  • or maybe the same list is kept (new trophies added for new heroes) but the requirements are changed to match overwatch 2. For example, the hero Orisa will have completely new abilities so the trophies would have to be changed

To properly answer your question, only risk starting the game and trophies if you don't care about completion percentage or having the game on your profile if indeed the trophy list becomes impossible to earn after OW2 releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rataclies said:

With the rumor of Overwatch 2 replacing Overwatch. Is it worth even starting to play Overwatch and gathering trophies? 

I would say definitely as I personally thoroughly enjoy the game, and am enjoying the beta for overwatch 2.

the characters can take some getting used to so I would say it’s better try them out just now before the new game launches.

Many of the trophies are very easy and simple to achieve like Car Wash for Symmetra or Clearing the Area for Pharah.
I will say that several of the trophies can be very difficult if doing solo such as Zenyatta Rapid Discord, Doomfists Cratered, or even Cassidys High Noon as players will often hide from him (he glows bright red when using his ult so he’s easy to spot and dodge behind a wall or even a car).

all the trophies can be boosted though except the Decked out trophy, 50 unlocks for heroes (around 3000 coins is enough) and reach level 50.

100 wins should come naturally, as will Decorated if you try solo.

But ultimately we don’t know if the trophies will merge into one list or not. Blizzard hasn’t announced what they will do with regards to the list.

if you do decide to play the game and need help, feel free to send me a message on psn and I’ll help out as best I can. 
there are several boosting sessions that can be found through this site or via discord. I did get my final few through boosting via this site.

time wise if you boost it you could maybe get the trophies done in a few sessions. Getting to level 50 does take a while but it’s not too difficult. You get xp quicker by winning and once you reach lvl 25 you can do competitive mode which does reward higher xp for wins.

Edited by Paluterix
Added time scale