Mini Review Never Alone

LegendExeter

I had a lot of high hopes for this game when I seen it in the PSN store. 

This game is gorgeous lets get that out right away, the attention to detail, the crispness of the scenery, even the female's breath in the cold is incredible.  Maybe everyone loves small, furry animals and that is why people end up buying games like this.  Pretty high trophy completion percentage, yet this is going to take you about 4 to 5 hours, unless your diligently following a guide to get through this faster.

I think the main character bears a striking resemblence to Lilo in Disney's Lilo & Stitch.  It's basically a platforming, adventure game, it includes some minor problem solving, and we do have a guide for it on this site actually.  The key thing to note in the guide is the possible to miss "insights" which is the games version of a collectible.  Also upon collecting them all you have to go view the videos for them in the main menu, of which they are relatively short.  I appreciate the cultural aspects of this game, and enjoyed the video parts of the eskimo tribe.

I found the game annoying though, not gonna lie.  I didn't feel like I was dying all the time, yet there were just some things that were a nuisance, and this was doing it without a guide.  I hated the Bola, I felt it served little to no purpose in the game and it's aim was shit.  The spirits that the Fox channels were a cool touch, however it annoyed the hell out of me when i realized later in the playthrough....oh these spirits that come to help the fox, they fucking hate the eskimo girl that you are.  Hate is a strong word, yet when the Fox gets a bit of distance away from whatever spirit platform she was standing on, she will fall down as the platform will disappear.  I get what they were trying to do with this concept, kind of make a 2 player or team platform game.  However it unds up being more annoying than it does exploring new territory.  There was this one section in the whale level where I literally had no idea what the hell was going on.  I got several spirits around me awakened because of the fox, yet could not get her up to the top of that area.  Turns out there was another spirit I had to grab its essence, then have the girl Bola it, and it was a vertical spirit that looked like a wall climber.    

The boss fight near the end was pretty cheap, and that guy seemed to have heat seeking fireballs that barely ever missed.  Thankfully the very last level isn't that long, but again more annoyances more veritical spirits rather than horizontal.  I only missed 2 of the insights in my playthrough and was able to go get them both fairly quickly.  

Short, great looking, aggravating game.