Runs terribly on PS5

Anyone else annoyed that this game is locked at 1080p 30fps with HDR on PS5? Only way to get 60fps is to turn HDR off at the system level. There is no way around the resolution as far as I know. It should be 1440p as it is on PS4 Pro, but it's stuck at 1080p

• Like 1

I doubt anyone will read this but I'll post it anyway. I have been playing around with the game today, and found a workaround to get 60fps to work with HDR. 

Steps

1. Open the game (it will be in HDR at 30fps)

2. Open playstation system settings and turn HDR off.

3. Enter the game again (it will be in SDR)

4. Go back to system settings and turn HDR back on. 

5. Enter the game again, it will now be running HDR at 60fps

As far as I can tell the resolution is still stuck at 1080p. I have no way to pixel count, but I took some screenshots at 60 and 30 fps and can't see any difference in resolution. I can live with that tho. The game is great again at a locked 60 with HDR

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, westersburg said:

For an old ps4 title which didn't receive any ps5 enhancements i wouldn't call it terribly. This HDR issue is known and just one out of a bunch of games with BC issues. Game runs smooth when HDR is disabled or even with HDR enabled if the method of @Robbo7490 works. 

Terribly was the wrong word. Was just dissapointed that it ran at half the frame rate of PS4 Pro if HDR is enabled. I can confirm that it is a locked 30 at least. I just can't play racing games at 30 anymore, it's so jarring going from 60 to 30 that it really kills the enjoyment of the game imo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robbo7490 said:

Terribly was the wrong word. Was just dissapointed that it ran at half the frame rate of PS4 Pro if HDR is enabled. I can confirm that it is a locked 30 at least. I just can't play racing games at 30 anymore, it's so jarring going from 60 to 30 that it really kills the enjoyment of the game imo.

Yeah i just turned off HDR since HDR is less important than framerate to me

• Like 1