Level 3-2 No spaces left!

LegendExeter

During the first game I actually wondered if this was ever possible.  Basically the concept of where you could clear all available space that you could and yet still couldn't beat the level...well here we are.  So I'm wondering for the small portion of the people who've played this game, and the smaller portion that even just completed this level with 1 star...how did you do it?

EDIT: I did end up beating this level, I did the opposite of the poster belows suggestion.  Rather than trapping the balls on the inner sections of death fields against the inner walls, and taking out the corner walls.  I trapped all the enemy balls on the corner walls and took out the big midsection.  I think I got 2 star though, as I don't know if there is enough time doing it this way to get all 3 stars.

Edited by LegendExeter

2 hours ago, NatsuDragoHayes said:

The last 3% are the four blue columns... this one took me forever to 3-star, but you need to trap the balls so you can enclose the blue columns.

Are we talking the corner blue walls that need removed, or the center blue walls?

10 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Are we talking the corner blue walls that need removed, or the center blue walls?

The center blue lines. You will come to find that levels after this will require to you to think a little harder about getting that last % and more patience to trap the balls optimally...

Edited by NatsuDragoHayes
  • Like 1

Yeah...3 stars this level, I'm just trying to survive on some of these.  They are vicious hard, like pinpoint accuracy, patience, you need to do some traps sometimes of the enemy balls, yet you have so little room to work with on some puzzles because of the death zones.

Do you recommend at the start of a level where there is some black space to wait until I trap all 4 or so enemy balls before I start cutting out the puzzle?

Example of one I haven't 3 starred yet...I watched the video on how someone did it, yet Pack 1 - 5 90% in 90 seconds...I'm like how?  I get really close and then don't make it in time.

The neat thing about 3-2 is that you only need to concern yourself with the corners. If you can make your way around the center blue lines in the corners via rectangling (2 by X or X by 2 rectangle increments, where X is the number of pixels player has moved), everything else in the middle will fill in since there are no balls occupying the space.

I hope the concept of "rectangling" is clear... didn't mean to sound like a mathematician there, but it's the only way I can think of to try to get the strat across.

Oh it's clear.  I call it "Curling" because you are basically going in and then turning around and coming right back out.  I sometimes do 3 x 2, and have done 2 x 2 or 2 x 4 to 8 regularly.  I don't die often while doing this, I just find beating the time requirements incredibly hard, because its just time consuming.

9 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Oh it's clear.  I call it "Curling" because you are basically going in and then turning around and coming right back out.  I sometimes do 3 x 2, and have done 2 x 2 or 2 x 4 to 8 regularly.  I don't die often while doing this, I just find beating the time requirements incredibly hard, because its just time consuming.

The time-attack star is painstakingly trial and error. A lot of RNG and stress is involved if you are free-to-playing this game.

Only reason I went try-hard in this game was because no one 100% it and I wanted to be the first to do it. But I eventually got burnt out from it.

22 minutes ago, NatsuDragoHayes said:

The time-attack star is painstakingly trial and error. A lot of RNG and stress is involved if you are free-to-playing this game.

Only reason I went try-hard in this game was because no one 100% it and I wanted to be the first to do it. But I eventually got burnt out from it.

Oh no, I spent the $2 bucks, I just figured since it was a pack 1 puzzle that I could get that one easily, I think it's the only star of pack 1 I don't have.  Yet no, I bought the game, so I only have to do I think 18 stars to unlock each next pack.

I understand getting burnt out on this, it's just not as fun as the first game was.  The first game allowed you to do longer cuts as I would call them, and this game is not really designed with that in mind.  It's like the opposite where instead of trying to wait for that one good moment to cut a piece off, you have to grind out and scrape for each piece of space to clear, along with tons of slowdown fields and death fields in order to confuse and mess up your timing, rhythm, and it makes the idea of trapping the enemies that much harder.  The kill time for those enemies has always been too fast when they hit your line, so trying to trap them is hard as hell.

I'm on pack 4 right now, it doesn't seem to ever get better, there are some puzzles that I think you can look at and go, yeah I can get 3 stars on that, and others you are like...why am I even playing this?