Need to re-earn the S ranks on a finalized chapter

I got a A on Sundowner’s boss fight, which ended up messing with my final result on 04. When selecting this mission later on, will be necessary to re-earn all the S ranks again? Or lowest scores won't overdraw the highest ones?
Also, dunno if this is important, but none of the battles were missed. My result was “SSSSSSSSSSSA”.

Yes, you have to get an S on all battles in one run of a level. But you can copy your save file in between battles in case you want to retry parts of the level.

In case you don't know, there's an easy way to S-rank Sundowner: near the start of the fight, after breaking his shield, you just enter blade mode and keep slashing his feet until you get a 50 combo. Then you don't need to worry about getting Zandatsu (I couldn't ever get that to work before he killed the soldiers himself) and can just skip some of his phases by killing him with the pincer blade.

Credit: https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/368182-ridiculously-easy-way-to-s-rank-sundowner/

Edited by masnevets
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, masnevets said:

Yes, you have to get an S on all battles in one run of a level. But you can copy your save file in between battles in case you want to retry parts of the level.

In case you don't know, there's an easy way to S-rank Sundowner: near the start of the fight, after breaking his shield, you just enter blade mode and keep slashing his feet until you get a 50 combo. Then you don't need to worry about getting Zandatsu (I couldn't ever get that to work before he killed the soldiers himself) and can just skip some of his phases by killing him with the pincer blade.

Credit: https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/368182-ridiculously-easy-way-to-s-rank-sundowner/

Hi, thanks for answering me!

It’s a shame that I will have to redo this chapter. The second ranked battle and the pagoda one are a pain on Revengeance.

Edited by Pyxidise_