So this is hard

CokeEnnyday

Hey guys. Im pretty determined in getting this platinum but was just wondering if you guys have any tips to make the game more manageable? Im not a great shmup player having a very limited experience with the genre so im getting rekt pretty hard. Just unlocked the Leo II ship (nº17) and it was kinda of a game changer and i managed to beat the game in practice and kids difficulty with only 1 continue. That being said normal mode is still a massive challenge and R-Typer looks impossible. That being said, what do you guys think are the best ships? Also do any of you feel like the dlc is worth it? Thanks in advance :D

It's difficult but still a memorizer, so if you can learn each hard section of the game, you can manage to clear it.

The Leo2 is a great ship for almost any stage. For normal difficulty, Leo2 is enough, you don't have to pick other ships.

For harder difficulties, depending of the stage, some will be better.

I'm a huge fan of Charon with its devastating charge beam: several auto aiming lightnings and its yellow weapon that wipes everything from above AND below to the front.

And Total Eclipse too, with its Force device that hunts enemies, and can strafe bosses at point blank.

• Like 1

The Leo 2 is the best main ship IMO. But i'd learn to use the Concert Master and Eclipse well. I needed Eclipse to easily beat stage 4.0 on flawless R-typer and R-typer 3 difficulty. The Concert Master goes well against the stage 5.0 boss on r-typer 3 which gets a bit insane as well as the bydo alpha armada in the easiest stage 7 path. One checkpoint took me 3 hours on R-Typer 3. 

Some people swear by Sleipnir + balmung and Charon but i sucked with them. It's not Raiden or Sine Mora difficult as a shmup but it's up there in difficulty. Problem is if you die once on higher difficulties you are going to wipe all lives because you lose All power ups and hit walls you just can't kill quick enough and get overwhelmed fast.

It"s not easy and it's a massive grind but it is a game you can learn the bullet spreads and spawns and get it done. Plus it is a now very expensive 100% if that is your thing.

Edited by Shady_Wombat
  • Like 1

Meh i can take the 100% or leave it tbh. From what i gather its now 60 eur for the 3 dlc packs and im not sure if i i like the game enough to be dropping that kind of cash on it. I´ll get on unlocking those ships the eclipse and concert master. Thanks for the tips :D