How hard is the platinum?

R6S_RamboHero

So I did this one recently when it caught my eye on the catalog. It’s a fun little game and literally 99% of the trophy list is super easy and relaxing, and fun to play with friends. However there are a couple challenges required for the ‘Completionist’ trophy that are deceptively painful and/or extremely rng based. 

I finished most of this game in like 2 short sittings, but then had to spend a few more days grinding endlessly for the 4 epics in one run and the challenge for reaching a boss arena without taking a hit. It was starting to drive me insane knowing how badly this 3/10 difficulty game was kicking my ass but I got there eventually. Overall though I’d say the guide rating is pretty accurate.

Its easy but the guide is outdated.

The longest grind is doing the 50 challenges. Everyone talks about the one where you must reach a boss without getting hit however nobody talks about the RNG of finding a legendary lute. It's always the 4 epics, but that has a much higher % chance than finding a legendary lute. Without the appropriate survival perk, I found maybe 3 or 4 legendaries across 20 hours of gameplay, but neither of them was a lute. 

The guide was written before the Survival update, which adds perks each level - some of these make any "hard" challenge in the game a walk in the park. 

What I would highly recommend doing is once you've tower crawl done, grind your Survival level to 33. This takes a couple hours and is a bit boring solo but it will save you time, the difficulty increased with time and completing waves on higher difficulties earns more XP. At level 31 you unlock a perk to increase epic chance, at level 32 increase legendary chance and at level 33 an additional chest will spawn. I found my legendary lute in my first game using the increased legendary chance perk. 

Perks are leveled up by simply using them in survival games. On your way to level 33 max out damage perks and use them for your "no hit" run, you will 1 shot pretty much everything. 

Edited by Heziip
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...