The Herloom Brooch - S rank strategy

VirtualNight

EDIT: use the Map manipulation trick to have no issues

This was quite a hard S rank to score, due to how BS the mission is in story mode where you just have 7 bases to capture and need 8 (or more due to officers) to get the S rank, while in Free play the requirements are VERY tight.

Doing this in Story requires a hell amount of luck since you need that the opposite team takes 1 base (i don't even know if 1 is enough) which is super rare and then you'd have to capture every base before your team does so.

I managed to get an S rank in Free Play, using this strategy. Be aware that this is hard, you must very extremely fast (if you go below 1m 01s you are locked from S rank) and a bit lucky as well as have mastered the usage of Royal Lancers and Iamarl. I have to idea if it is possible to get the S rank through online co-op, but that would definitely make things way easier.

Upon launching the mission, in the pre-battle menu save your game, then start the battle and focus only in locating the Brooch, once you find it reload the save, the location won't change. I believe the request is necessary to get the S rank but I may be wrong.

Have a full stock of Sprint, Quick March and Charge.

I had 3 squads, I don't think a 4th is of any help. Let's call these squads A, B (Iamarl) and C. All are at lv99, both the Royal Lancers and Iamarl with the respective skills maxed out.

"A" will have a fixed spawn so you can't move them, for B put them in the north, to your base closest to the enemy one on top of the map, and put C where the Brooch is located (the Brooch might also be in an enemy base, A should be the closest to it so send them there). Start the battle, immediately switch to C and get the Brooch, now switch to B and begin to take every base at the north (ignore the one directly below since it is pretty out of your way) and north-west in the most efficient route, remember that Shadow Walk will give you a sprint bonus so always spam it. At the same time, order A to take the second base below them, they should be able to take the first one, however on the second one the script always fucks up so you will need to control them to take the base, when this moment happens be sure to order B to take another base, because every second matters so you must very extremely efficient. For C, tell them to take the northest base of the enemy bases located in the south.

While you surely need a lot of kills, don't overdo it, usually you should just kill whatever group is in your way and kill the Base Commanders as soon as possible, however if you spot large groups you definitely want to kill them first.

Once A has taken the second base, tell them to take the southest one, again they should be able to get the first base and will fuck up on the second so control them again. In the meantime, C may be done with that base I mentioned for them, so tell them to take the Target base, this should give them the order to capture another base along the path and they will most likely remain afk close to it, which is fine enough.

Of course, during all this time you had been capturing with B as well, the large base should be the last base although my team stole the capture, this shouldn't happen to you but the time may be running out so just give them the order to take the base. In the meantime, A should be done so use them to take the large base nearby. At 2min left you must hurry, switch to C and push for the base in the way and then go to the target, here there may be A LOT of enemies so charge them all before killing the commander for a lot of kills. Remember, you must finish before 1m 2s left.

My final stats:

• Clear Time: 8m  (A)
  • Total Kills: 2026  (S)
  • Total officer Kills:  17 (all were base commanders)  (S)
  • Total Bases Captured:  S x 14  M x 2  L x 1  (S)
Edited by VirtualNight