champion boss special weapon

TheLoreMage

So im in new game + and i followed a guide on how to get the champion boss special weapon (orange name). I fortified against his charge with a tower shield then attacked. what i don't understand is he gets enraged no matter what and the only way to get his special weapon is to beat him without enraging him if you get hit his rage bar goes up, if you block his rage bar goes up if you hit him his rage bar goes up. i waited for him to auto rage and after i beat him i still didn't get his special weapon even though the guide says auto rage doesn't count. does anybody have a clue?

On 29/9/2022 at 5:29 PM, TheLoreMage said:

So im in new game + and i followed a guide on how to get the champion boss special weapon (orange name). I fortified against his charge with a tower shield then attacked. what i don't understand is he gets enraged no matter what and the only way to get his special weapon is to beat him without enraging him if you get hit his rage bar goes up, if you block his rage bar goes up if you hit him his rage bar goes up. i waited for him to auto rage and after i beat him i still didn't get his special weapon even though the guide says auto rage doesn't count. does anybody have a clue?

Were you using a poison or fire weapon? It tends to easier go up the rage bar if you use some of this runes so avoid them, try to do neutral damage. The auto rage doesn't void the special weapon drop, recently did it with no problems. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheLoreMage said:

thank you so much for responding and that info about the runes, i'm going to check tomorrow to see if i have those runes in the weapon i'm using. i probably do since i went rune crazy during my first playthrough. i appreciate it. 

Hopefully you'll do it, it isn't a hard boss if you know what to do, the key is to use a Standard weapon or without runes, his rage bar goes insanely up if you poison or burn him.

No worries mate, glad to help! Wish you good luck and have fun (I really love this game, unpopular opinnion I know).

• Like 1

I got it on ng+ as I was a massively op mage, I chipped away about a quarter of his health then went into my shift spell and one shot killed him from a 3/4 full health bar. 

As an aside, I leveled up my magic so much that I literally one shot killed the judge ? was at level 29 faith with the DLC boss weapon.

On 10/6/2022 at 4:48 PM, NajiLionheart said:

Hopefully you'll do it, it isn't a hard boss if you know what to do, the key is to use a Standard weapon or without runes, his rage bar goes insanely up if you poison or burn him.

No worries mate, glad to help! Wish you good luck and have fun (I really love this game, unpopular opinnion I know).

I've just platinumed it, I adore it and I'm really sad I have nothing left to do on it. I've been in contact with Phil from deck13 firing emails back and forth so massive props to them for engaging with their fans.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, harper2704 said:

I got it on ng+ as I was a massively op mage, I chipped away about a quarter of his health then went into my shift spell and one shot killed him from a 3/4 full health bar. 

As an aside, I leveled up my magic so much that I literally one shot killed the judge 1f602.png was at level 29 faith with the DLC boss weapon.

I've just platinumed it, I adore it and I'm really sad I have nothing left to do on it. I've been in contact with Phil from deck13 firing emails back and forth so massive props to them for engaging with their fans.

I'm not a mage player but which build did you use? since I almost finnish my first Playthrough and would like to try another gameplay style :)

Good to know there's someone beside me that really loved this game, ohh man the main Theme is beautiful :D

Congrats for the platinum! did you play 3 playthroughs?

Edited by NajiLionheart

11 hours ago, NajiLionheart said:

I'm not a mage player but which build did you use? since I almost finnish my first Playthrough and would like to try another gameplay style :)

Good to know there's someone bedide me that really loved this game, ohh man the main Theme is beautiful :D

Congrats for the platinum! did you play 3 playthroughs?

Yes, the theme sounds like it belongs in the end credits of an epic movie, beautiful piece of music. 

I did 3 full playthroughs, but I messed up and forgot to loot the final treasure room and complete the final infinite void, which don't register on ng+, so.....

First playthrough was as a cleric, took me about 45 hours as I was new to the game, the cleric is probably the hardest class to play with, I didn't intend to level up faith so high but then I acquired a weapon that had good faith leveling so I went with it, my faith was at level 27 by the end, and with the "between" axe dropped by the keeper in the dlc it became immensely powerful.

Then, for ng+ I went with rogue, unlocked all the spells immediately as my faith was so high and found the "shift" spell combined with my high faith level, amulet of the betrayer and OP axe could literally take 3000 or more health off an enemy in 1 hit. So I basically 1 or 2 shotted all the bosses, finished that run in less than 5 hours.

Then for my 3rd and final run I had to start from scratch as a warrior to unlock to aforementioned treasure and void trophies, plus I also needed to kill a boss without being hit, but by this point I was so slick I killed the first warden in my underwear without him laying a glove on me. Ignored magic this time and made myself a tank, from memory level 26 strength, 20 vitality and 22 energy, ignored everything else. Equipped the strongest and heaviest armour and used my axe equipped with flawless poison and luck runes until I acquired a monstrous sword about 80% through, I was so strong and well defended I simply went toe to toe slug fest with most anything apart from tyrants and humans and came out on top. Humans were far easier to fight in this build, I really struggled with them on the other builds as my spells were useless when being mobbed. Bosses became a cakewalk by this point as I was well versed in their movesets by now, that final run took me about 10 hours. My final trophy was "do unto them", I simply started ng+ with my warrior, had a good old fashioned duel with the first warden and the plat was mine when he hit the deck.

Edited by harper2704
  • Like 1