[Video] What to expect when going for the platinum

Haikrazon

Hey guys! I really loved this game and it's probably the only sim I can imagine getting the platinum on because of how awesome it was with good pacing. What was your favorite arcade cab? And what trophy was the most frustrating for you? Minus the bugged ones of course! lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think I need a guide for this game. This game is taking me forever. I enjoyed the sim part. But getting to be good at the arcade cabs is very, very time consuming. There is no way I am going to be able to get the platinum for this game. I have probably played 50-60 hours so far and I am no where near the platinum. I have tried to focus on one cab at a time to try and get good enough to beat the goals. But my best score is often half the score needed. A guide would tell me which are the easiest cabs to beat. It is pretty depressing to spend forever unlocking a mode in a cab and then finding out the target score is impossible so you wasted many hours. Personally I find the Gravichase game horrendous, the controls are very twitchy (as the game is fast I guess the controls need to be twitchy) and the visuals are like watching an optical illusion that messes with your eyes. And again my top score is half of what I need for the trophy. The game is really fun if you don't care about trophies and just play the cabs casually. But to get the platinum you need to take the mini games very seriously and that is brutal and frustrating.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CargoRunner said:

Personally I find the Gravichase game horrendous, the controls are very twitchy (as the game is fast I guess the controls need to be twitchy) and the visuals are like watching an optical illusion that messes with your eyes. And again my top score is half of what I need for the trophy. 

I 100% agree, CargoRunner!  The Gravichase controls are way too sensitive whether I use the analog stick or D-pad.  The Hexadecimal trophy arbitrarily requires a score of 66, right?  Anybody have some advice on this awful mini-game? (thank goodness there's no trophy for the Woodguy Jr. goals, at least..)

Edited by turbotron_
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 1:06 PM, turbotron_ said:

I 100% agree, CargoRunner!  The Gravichase controls are way too sensitive whether I use the analog stick or D-pad.  The Hexadecimal trophy arbitrarily requires a score of 66, right?  Anybody have some advice on this awful mini-game? (thank goodness there's no trophy for the Woodguy Jr. goals, at least..)

I struggled with Gravichase for far too long but finally managed to get to 66 just with using the D-Pad, the analog stick would constantly cause me to overshoot the gap and lose.

All I have left to do really is Line Terror(an obnoxiously frustrating game no matter what strategy I use) and Racer Chaser(which I for some reason am just terrible at even though it's just Pac-Man).

That being said, I love this game and some of the cabinets like Stack Overflow and Blockchain are great, I just wish there was some way I could finish these last few cabs.

• Like 2

Yeah it's a love hate thing with this game. Line terror is another awful almost broken game. You get stuck on the corners all the time and that can be an instant death as the game thinks you have started a new line but you can't move in any direction and then you get that automatic ball that appears when you don't move. As there is no new line that ball appears right on top of you killing you. If you play safe and make small boxes you will get stuck on corners and die. If you go for big blocks then you die from taking too big chances. So this game is a lose/lose scenario. It's another reason I know I won't get the platinum. If you don't care about the platinum you can just have a great time with the games that work well and you enjoy.

The other one that drives me insane is Zombat 2 - what the hell is going on with that camera? Every time you stop moving the camera zooms in on you so you can't see where the zombies are coming from! So you die! I also seem to press R3 while playing, as mid fight the camera can zoom in on the player making it impossible to see the zombies and you die! It's a massively stupid design idea in a game that is already really frustrating as you lose all your money when you die. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CargoRunner said:

The other one that drives me insane is Zombat 2 - what the hell is going on with that camera? Every time you stop moving the camera zooms in on you so you can't see where the zombies are coming from! So you die! I also seem to press R3 while playing, as mid fight the camera can zoom in on the player making it impossible to see the zombies and you die! It's a massively stupid design idea in a game that is already really frustrating as you lose all your money when you die. 

Agreed. I feel this game could benefit from at least an extra life system. It took me many attempts to get 250 coins but was so overwhelmed with Zombies to even get to the store to purchase the mini gun. But the other little things that bugged me with this game in particular was you cant see zombies hiding behind buildings so sometime they get stuck and you cant see them then get unstuck when you go around the building. Then theres those fast zombies. They always come at the wrong moment like when your reloading. 

Edited by Animator22
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:31 AM, Thorn84 said:

I struggled with Gravichase for far too long but finally managed to get to 66 just with using the D-Pad, the analog stick would constantly cause me to overshoot the gap and lose.

Good call, @Thorn84!  I popped the trophy with relative ease by using the D-pad.  It was a little awkward, but I found it helpful to put one thumb on the left and right pads and only move when absolutely necessary.. no last-second position refinements.

Edited by turbotron_
  • Like 1