Some Basics

Hey everyone,

This game is one goofy as hell game when it comes to the controls, tutorials (or lack there of), and difficulty. So I wanted to give a few pieces of advice for anyone struggling with the basics of this game.

1) The games difficulty is INCREDIBLY confusing. Even when you crank the difficulty down to 0% (Casual) the computer consistently gets hits, makes good fielding plays, and changes up pitching rotations to throw a good mix of balls and strikes. I would still recommend putting the difficulty down as it seems to effect the # of times the CPU uses their L1 skills. You can make the game easy, you just need to follow the rest of the steps.

2) If you try to change up your pitch in any way the computer will get a hit 7 out of 10 times (i.e. pitch outside, mix of pitches, etc.). It is honestly best to throw a fastball down the middle every pitch, this will result in significantly fewer hits and a lot more dinky hits in the infield that can be fielded easily.

3) Speaking of fielding, the player switching is insanely buggy. The game will switch players randomly while chasing the ball, including when you are trying to run up on a pop fly. It is best to let the CPU do its work. When the ball is hit, don't touch your joystick, let the computer run up on the ball, only take control when the CPU bugs out OR when you need to throw it to a base (i.e. once the respective player has a hold of the ball).

4) Same thing goes for batting. because of how big the ball is, how much it spins (i.e. these little leaguers can throw MLB level curveballs), and how diverse the opposing pitchers pitches will be, it is best to let the computer aim where your retinal should be. When the pitcher pitches the ball, don't touch your joystick, just get ready to swing at the right time. This will result in 3x or 4x more hits and significantly less strikeouts.

5) Stickers are not explained in any way during the game but they boost your players stats. You start out with a ton of them and gather more as you do things. The pitching stickers do very little, however the batting stickers make a MAJOR difference. It is best to give your entire team (outside of pitcher) as much swing power/accuracy as you can. This will result in a home run almost every other hit.

6) Lastly, although its been said in a different thread, most of the trophies can be earned with a 2nd controller. This is going to be necessary as due to how the game functions there is almost NO way to get a triple on a hit, triple play, a no hitter, or even a strikeout (or, on the opposite, get walked, in fact, after about 10 games I have not pitched OR seen a single ball be called, I'm not 100% sure it is possible to do so).

I wanted to write this because the first five games I played were infuriating and as someone that loved the 2010 version and loves baseball in general I was so upset that I had no interest in playing it. Luckily, with the above information it should make the game bearable. 

• Like 1