Platinum review

ElektrickRage

I thought I would leave reviews on platinums or hard trophies I have earned in games. Some I will remember more than others, so some will be just a brief summary rather. Since I started trophy hunting since PS3 days but I was not that much into it then. Starting off with Hitman contracts.

What I can remember from this is it wasn't too bad if you're using a video guide. Because these games are old and you have to do all missions silent assassin rank with no saves, or maybe it was only 1 save per level. This will be the only difficulty here and also hoping the so doesn't screw you. It is not as bad as Hitman 2, that game and it's levels are a different thing entirely. I used Mr.Freeze for the silent assassin runs and he is still making Hitman content today. 

Some missions stand out as more finicky than others. The worst one for me I can remember was the Chinese missions, especially that one with the bomb, that one is tough. Was a fun game for an old game and anyone trying to get platinum I wish good luck.

2 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

I thought I would leave reviews on platinums or hard trophies I have earned in games. Some I will remember more than others, so some will be just a brief summary rather. Since I started trophy hunting since PS3 days but I was not that much into it then. Starting off with Hitman contracts.

What I can remember from this is it wasn't too bad if you're using a video guide. Because these games are old and you have to do all missions silent assassin rank with no saves, or maybe it was only 1 save per level. This will be the only difficulty here and also hoping the so doesn't screw you. It is not as bad as Hitman 2, that game and it's levels are a different thing entirely. I used Mr.Freeze for the silent assassin runs and he is still making Hitman content today. 

Some missions stand out as more finicky than others. The worst one for me I can remember was the Chinese missions, especially that one with the bomb, that one is tough. Was a fun game for an old game and anyone trying to get platinum I wish good luck.

The trilogy available for PS3 consisting of Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money are classic games. I played the originals on PC back in the day and, when I revisited them here a few years ago, I felt they hadn't aged badly either. The original pentalogy of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider did age worse when it reappeared on PS3, as the tank controls are more awkward there. Classic Hitman games are more accessible, thanks to the multiple options that each scenario offers to play.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 9:35 PM, Desavenencia said:

The trilogy available for PS3 consisting of Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money are classic games. I played the originals on PC back in the day and, when I revisited them here a few years ago, I felt they hadn't aged badly either. The original pentalogy of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider did age worse when it reappeared on PS3, as the tank controls are more awkward there. Classic Hitman games are more accessible, thanks to the multiple options that each scenario offers to play.

I agree with you absolutely, now that you mention it the controls for the classic Hitman games have aged very well compared to other games. There is no feeling of it being clunky. Reminds me also of splinter cell with its smooth controls. Although the first 2 games in splinter cell hd were pretty bad ports. 

I want to platinum those classic tomb raider games as well, but copies are pretty expensive on e-bay. Then again they will only go up. For the Hitman hd collection I only didn't platinum 2 because how brutal those later missions are, but I might do it in near future.