Long Term Online Viability

Any thoughts on how playable this game will be in six months or a year? Longer? Because it seems to me this game will probably be dead very soon. On launch day and the following days the wait time between matches just seems to get longer and longer, I'm often waiting 30 minutes despite the obvious lie of the "1 minute average wait time" (sometimes I instantly get in, but the long waits are more common)

Part of this is the game seems to have woeful matchmaking and terrible servers, like 1 in 20 matches has an infinite load or results in a disconnect. But honestly, the player base is TINY at launch. I've seen no more than 40 - 50 unique usernames on the game, keeping a rough count. I've played well over 300 matches at this point so I should be seeing a lot more diversity of users.

Do you think this game will even be playable in a few months time? My friends say it'll probably swap to F2P to entice more users within the year and I agree, but I don't think that even will be enough to save it. It's a very niche genre that has lots of, frankly, better games to play in it. I think the devs really screwed the pooch thinking this would be popular. It also doesn't help the insanely slow drip of even normal money, letalone premium microbux and gacha tickets makes it feel like a huge effort just to get some basic clothing, accessories and to get some basic abilities to be competitively viable (things like Wallkick if you didn't preorder are hugely game changing)

We can only hope when it does finally die enough for the servers to be closed they patch in solo play bot matches so we can at least get the trophies still.

I have no problem finding matches on PS4/5 since launch. Often it is the 1 minute, sometimes 2-3. When it goes above 5 minutes I restart. On Reddit people seem to like the game and for me personally it makes fun too, when you start to get the mechanics the game offers to you. But will I play it after I got the Platin? I don’t know maybe when new raiders are introduced.

• Like 1

It's definitely not 1 minute average, more like 2-5. That's not counting the lag that can last forever when you are staring at the raider before the game starts.

The game will start to die, then it will be free to play. Also, season 2 will bring in some interest. I don't see it lasting much more than a year though. Get these trophies before they are gone!

(I managed to write this entire post during the prematch VS screen.)

I think it will have a player base in a years time but it will be small. Probably have to play at peak hours only.

They need to add some quality of life things, like telling me the psn id of the punk that won’t drop his one Dragonball when I’ve found the other six but repeatedly spams the tag like he’s earned mine! If I have three and someone has four, I drop them without hesitation!

On 21/10/2022 at 6:48 PM, eskimoking37 said:

I think it will have a player base in a years time but it will be small. Probably have to play at peak hours only.

They need to add some quality of life things, like telling me the psn id of the punk that won’t drop his one Dragonball when I’ve found the other six but repeatedly spams the tag like he’s earned mine! If I have three and someone has four, I drop them without hesitation!

Press the touch pad for a drop down menu of player IDs. When players do that to me I take my Dragon Balls directly to the Raider and hand them over. I absolutely will sink the ship to punish greedy ♥s.

• Like 2