Question about using keyboard and mouse on PS5

Shaakaa82

Hi, I have been playing FFXIV since release date on PC using keyboard and mouse until a few years ago when I left.

Recently, I played it on my PS5 just to get all the trophies, but now Im thinking about returning to the game again on PS5, but the problem is that I felt like a newbie playing with the gamepad controller,

Im wondering how people play on console, if they just use the controller or a combination of controller, keyboard and mouse or something else. It seems impossible to me to chat just with the controller, but if everytime I want to chat I have to drop the controller and use a keyboard, it doesnt sound very comfortable...

I have seen a keyboard integrated with the controller, but I dont know if it is easy to use.

I would appreciate any suggestions about this.

Thank you very much in advance, regards.

I recently bought a keyboard for chat only on my PS5 becauseI always had a hard time typing. I still prefer the controller over the keyboard for Raiding, imo it's way smoother (I still play on PC too using a keyboard)

In other words, if uou want a keyboard for chat get one that's light and easy to switch to, preferably a wireless one). On the other hand if you plan on Raiding with a keyboard and mouse you might want to buy something more for gaming with little latency