Nightmare Savegame bug

Demondra_

After collecting all remaining documents and recordings yesterday, I started a new playthrough on Nightmare before I went to sleep and played until the start of 'The Scalled'. When I woke up the next day to continue there wasn't a 'Continue' button on the main menu, so I used 'Load Game' but then I noticed that my Nightmare savefile was on the final chapter. I even double-checked the information on the savefile itself on my PS4 and it also said 'Nightmare', so I loaded and finished the game and got the trophy but I'm curious, did anyone else had that kind of bug or heard of one that skipped most of the game?

• 5 months later...

Just have had the same bug. Had completed my first walkthrough on Nightmare and started second one (nightmare as well) to collect documents in the new save slot. Then at some point I quit the game and when came back there was no continue option. Loading the latest save put me to the latest checkpoint, so actually I had two save slots with the last checkpoint (I assume the save file in slot 2 was somehow overwritten by the old save). Finished the game and got speedrun trophy:dunno: