New Tales From The Borderlands - ALL 5 ENDINGS TROPHY GUIDE

Here you have it! All endings in New Tales From The Borderlands and how to get them! All scores are shown at the end of each ending.

This is how the endings work by default. Though some choices in Ep.5 seems to lead other deaths, like Octavios.

BAD ENDINGS (1 dies):

By default the highest relationship (50%+) is the two people that survive, as long as ONE other relationship is below 50%.

For example:

Brain´n Brawn = 47%.

Sis´n Bro = 57%

Frogurt´n Tacos = 52%

This results in Fran´s death because Anu & Octavios relationship are the highest, and one random relationship is below 50%.

NEUTRAL ENDING:

You get this ending when all 3 relationships are about even and the Skateboard Score is between 50-74%.

BEST / TRUE ENDING:

You get this ending when all 3 relationships are about even and the Skateboard Score is ABOVE 75%.

But it doesn´t always work that way, as you can see on the scores in the video. Anu should have died when Octavio did, according to the scores.

But here´s how I got all endings -

FIRST I GOT THE BEST ENDING & 80% SKATEBOARD SCORE TROPHY - Follow the link below to the playlist, here you can follow along and select the same choices.

-From here I replayed Ep.5, Ch.4 two times for "Fran died" and "Anu died" ´endings. Don´t hug Octavio as Fran during Ep.5, Ch.4 for her to die, and don´t hug Anu as Fran during Ep.5, Ch.4 so she dies. And also don´t mention Fran during the killshot on Susan.

-Then I replayed from Ep.5, Ch.2 for the Octavio died" ending. To get that ending I was mean to Octavio as Anu and he was mean to her during the conversation just before you get to Susan (Ep.5, Ch.5). I Aso said "No" to her when she asked for Eridium during the last section (if she don´t merge with the shard)-

-I think these were the triggers and how he died. -After many replays I started completely over to get the last ending, where they wish for more skateboards.

TIMESTAMPS:

1. Octavio dies ending (Anu reflects on the relationship she failed to heal) - 0:00

2. Anu dies ending (Octavio reflects on the hug he should have given) - 5:02

3. Fran dies ending (Octavio thinks of Franand the love she deserved) - 10:26

4. Good ending (Octavio, Anu and Fran, wish they´d earned more skateboards) - 15:22

5. Best ending (The team reflects on a job well done) - 19:42

ALL CHOICES FOR THE BEST ENDING + 80% SKATEBOARD SCORE: 

? New Tales From The Borderlands BEST ENDING PLAYTHROUGH:

Edited by Ben-Gun
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I got the Ending #1 - I mean all three were there at the end in the office (however Fran "disappeared" momentarily on Tediore ship.) I ended with Skateboard 78% and relationships 57%, 60% 71% BUT I did not get the New Business trophy.

I've seen that maybe 80% is needed?

I found a step by step text guide to decisions that is suppose to result in 80% - 82% so going to at least try that.

Can anyone confirm that with where I'm currently at, I should be able to do all 5 ending with ONLY replaying Episode 5? Without being able to skip dialogue on replays, I don't see how I could sit through this entire game again. The GAPS between interactive elements is so much longer than TellTale games of the past.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very confused and annoyed - I got through the game with the good skateboard rating, etc... for the good ending.  My end stats were Anu/Fran 52%, Anu/Ock 65%, Fran/Ock 66% and Skateboard was 82%.  Went to go for the neutral ending, so I played from Ep. 5 Ch. 6 and did jack squat as far as QTEs.  End game rating after that was the exact same! SO what in the hell are you supposed to do to get the Skateboard rating down even when you fail them every time??

• 1 month later...

took me about 3 playthroughs to get good ending(fran anu at frogurts octavio on tv),from there replayed ep5 with some better choices got new buisness and best ending(all alive inc lou at the office)80% skateboard.replayed ep5 again with different choices got anu death and fran death scateboard score 85% but carnt seem to get ovtavio death.i dont think the scateboard rating matters for bad endings as the two ive done both had 85% it seems to be more about the answers you give but as there no clue whats right or wrong its a pain.

bring back telltale 

5 hours ago, darthadi said:

took me about 3 playthroughs to get good ending(fran anu at frogurts octavio on tv),from there replayed ep5 with some better choices got new buisness and best ending(all alive inc lou at the office)80% skateboard.replayed ep5 again with different choices got anu death and fran death scateboard score 85% but carnt seem to get ovtavio death.i dont think the scateboard rating matters for bad endings as the two ive done both had 85% it seems to be more about the answers you give but as there no clue whats right or wrong its a pain.

bring back telltale 

this is so confusing

brain n brawn low% good ending wish for more scateboards

sis n bro low% anu dies

frogurt n tacos low% fran dies

for some reason i carnt work out octavio is the terminator and never dies

• 3 weeks later...

followed bens videos trying to get new buisness but get different results

part 6 kill keeper

part 8 says you made the keeper dead

part 9 in dream with anu dialogue is for not killing keeper.

i finally got the plat on ps5 after struggling to get octavio to die

now trying on ps4 did in reverse got oct dead first.replay ep5 ch6 to get anu death,replay all ep5 twice to get fran death and good ending

replayed all episodes and got best ending  but skateboard only 78%  i'm sure best on ps5 was 85%

this game has to be the worst nightmare for trophy hunters

DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT A EASY PLATINUM   like the telltales one

• 9 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 2:31 AM, Ben-Gun said:

From here I replayed Ep.5, Ch.4 two times for "Fran died" and "Anu died" ´endings. Don´t hug Octavio as Fran during Ep.5, Ch.4 for her to die, and don´t hug Anu as Fran during Ep.5, Ch.4 so she dies. And also don´t mention Fran during the killshot on Susan.

This worked perfectly