Never platinum'd a game like this... Any tips on how to succeed on tougher difficulties and maximize my trophy earning potential?

I have played games like this, but mostly just dilly dallied around and never went for platinum... I decided this time I would go for the platinum, and I was just hoping for any tips on what I should be doing to ensure I am strong enough to beat universe and chaos difficulty. Do I really need to beat the game 16 different times to get all 16 endings? Should I focus on different trophies on different playthroughs? What are some tips to maximize my trophy earning potential? 

Thanks for any advice you can give. :)

You don't need to beat the whole game on Universe and Chaos, you simply need to beat the final boss. So after you do postgame stuff and become overpowered, you can beat the final boss twice and earn both trophies trivially. For the endings, you can use an item called Tears of Aphrodite to raise the affection of each party member and get a different ending each time you beat the final boss. You still do need 2 playthroughs though since half the endings are for Raymond and half are for Laeticia.

The only trophies that are technically missable are related to the optional party members (Theo and JJ). You can miss the chance to recruit them and then you wouldn't be able to get their endings.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

You don't need to beat the whole game on Universe and Chaos, you simply need to beat the final boss. So after you do postgame stuff and become overpowered, you can beat the final boss twice and earn both trophies trivially. For the endings, you can use an item called Tears of Aphrodite to raise the affection of each party member and get a different ending each time you beat the final boss. You still do need 2 playthroughs though since half the endings are for Raymond and half are for Laeticia.

The only trophies that are technically missable are related to the optional party members (Theo and JJ). You can miss the chance to recruit them and then you wouldn't be able to get their endings.

So I would just save before the final boss, use the Tears of Aphrodite on one party member, raise the difficulty to universe, and beat the final boss? And then load up that save, and repeat that process 15 different times with one of those times being on thee chaos difficulty? 

3 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

Yes, although you have to do it 8 times on your Raymond playthrough and 8 times on your Laeticia playthrough. You can't get all 16 endings in one playthrough.

Aww yes that's what I meant. Thank you so much! That's a huge help! 

• Like 1