Not sure what to do?

GoonerLukeThe

So I just beat it on hard mode after following a step by step guide (needed to do that anyway for a trophy) I'm now not sure if the best idea is to play leech hunter on hard mode and unlock everything, then get the other trophies on hard mode (again) with all the perks from leech hunter enabled,

or just to beat the game on normal and get all the perks from leech hunter, then get the s rank and other trophies on normal mode rather then hard?

hard mode will be easier with the perks but I still could die at any point, mainly from the last 2 bosses and would have to start over again, not really sure how much of a difference it is between normal and hard mode

Beating leech hunter with all leeches gives you access to the infinite magnum revolver and it tears through everything and if I remember it stun-locks the final boss. It will make the worry of dying non existent except when it comes to those stupid eliminator monkeys. Leech mode really isn’t that hard especially if you follow a visual guide on YouTube. If you don’t mind doing leech hunter on hard I recommend it since it’ll make the S run and getting the misc trophies extremely easy. If you decide to just do the s run on normal it will be faster since you should remember what to do and where to go on top of enemies taking and receiving less damage. There’s no wrong choice really. I personally did the S-rank on normal first and then ended up getting an S on hard by anyways because I speedran the game just to get the plat done with lol. 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

Beating leech hunter with all leeches gives you access to the infinite magnum revolver and it tears through everything and if I remember it stun-locks the final boss. It will make the worry of dying non existent except when it comes to those stupid eliminator monkeys. Leech mode really isn’t that hard especially if you follow a visual guide on YouTube. If you don’t mind doing leech hunter on hard I recommend it since it’ll make the S run and getting the misc trophies extremely easy. If you decide to just do the s run on normal it will be faster since you should remember what to do and where to go on top of enemies taking and receiving less damage. There’s no wrong choice really. I personally did the S-rank on normal first and then ended up getting an S on hard by anyways because I speedran the game just to get the plat done with lol. 

going to give the s rank on hard a go after I beat leech hunter on hard, with the infinite ammo I also might try and combine it with no saves and healing items (but if I'm desperate I will use a heal) wish they made it so if you beat leach hunter on hard it works it's way down the difficulties and gives you the perks for all of them, would make sense and award the player, I do get why it doesn't work the other way round though (that's fair)

"or just to beat the game on normal and get all the perks from leech hunter, then get the s rank and other trophies on normal mode rather then hard?"

This is the way to go 100%. Disagree with the advice above, why subject yourself to hard mode again for no reason when it's significantly harder than normal? Leech Hunter is not a cakewalk, youtube video or not. Even on normal it took me multiple hours with careful planning at times (and there is no saving, remember that). (IMO do the basement first, getting poisoned later on sucks). I couldn't imagine doing no saves/healing on hard either, infinite magnum or not. Sometimes an enemy will get past you and attack and it hurts way more than on normal, only a few hits tops and you're dead.

You're over-complicating this IMO. Makes no sense to do LH on hard and then the game again on hard trying for s rank/no save/no run ontop of that, when you could just do it all on normal. Infinite magnum alone will not get you an s rank, knowing the path is the only thing you need for that. Sub 3:30 is not difficult on normal mode at all if you know the way. LH on hard is the hardest thing to do in the game and I can guarantee you it will take hours of trying and many failed attempts compared to normal.

Just do normal LH and get all the leeches/kill all enemies trophies. Then do a speedrun on easy for the no healing/saving/misc stuff. By now you should know the path better and can do a sub 3:30 hour run on normal with the infinite magnum, make sure to upgrade the opposite pistol you did the first run for the weapons trophy. Then clean up what's left. Done. You kind of did it backwards by doing hard mode before all that - to me hard mode should be the last thing someone does in the platinum after they know the game front to back.

Edited by ChibsSoA

• 2 weeks later...