Don't save purist for last

Tankor_smash

The first time I finished the game I was able to get the purist in-game marker for completing it, but I didn't get the trophy or the platinum. Something weird happened and it seemed like both in game awards were unlocked at the same time and didn't register. I thought I was in trouble and that they had glitched on me. I started a new game, but I noticed that the in game awards were still highlighted on my new game file (progress seems to carry over between them), and I wasn't re-earning the in game awards that marked trophy progress as I accomplished tasks. 

I was concerned that I was going to get all the way through a second play through and still not earn the trophy because the game already thought I had earned it. So I went and deleted my first save file and that "un-earned" the in game awards and I started re-earning them as I accomplished in game tasks. This seemed to solve my problem and I was able to earn the purist trophy along with the platinum at the end of my second play through.

The reason I'm suggesting not leaving purist as the last trophy before platinum is because if this is an in game glitch caused by earning two awards together, you would be much better off with an easier to accomplish trophy glitching with the platinum, giving you a shorter second playthrough. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, found your post.  When you did a second play through, did you have to re-earn all the in-game achievements also to get the platinum to pop, or can I skip a bunch of content and just focus on purist?

Basically, your in-game "do the things" won't unlock, but popping purist in-game will make it pop on the trophy list and thus unlocking the platinum....does this make sense?