ps5 controller + 3d audio really shines here, redefines the experience

zombiekillerkel

i first played gtav on ps4 about 8-ish years ago? something compelled me to pick it up again earlier this month on ps5, & i'm seriously blown away by how much things like controller vibration & 3d audio enhance the gameplay.

the trigger buttons feel like they have resistance & weight when you're driving, almost like real pedals/brakes. the controller vibrates at a different intensity/speed/pattern in accordance with the different surfaces you drive over - driving in the dirt feels so much different from driving over metal grates. if there are grooves or bumps in the road, they translate to the vibration with remarkable precision. when it's raining, the controller vibrates ever so slightly with centralized little 'blips', simulating the feeling of raindrops.

to say nothing of the audio! i don't even know where to begin with the audio. whenever i drive by someone who's blasting music, i can literally feel (hear?) the doppler effect in action as i drive away. when you're out hunting, you can actually use your sense of hearing to your full advantage - god, i can't find this deer... where is it... oh! it must be further away to the right, i just heard it call!

i could go on & on. the way your senses of sight, sound, & touch are stimulated all at the same time really teleports you into the game in a way i've never felt before. gtav might be the skyrim of grand theft auto, but i'm so happy it's just as good as i remember it - even better, i'd say. the way it plays on ps5 is so immersive, it really blows me away. very impressive current-gen makeover for a game of this age.

i just wish the online trophyset would have been kept independent of the base game... social anxiety interfering with plat acquisition is just a Me Thing, but online servers never stay up forever >__<

anyway! how are you guys enjoying it on ps5? online looks fun, but good god, i wouldn't stand a chance against all of those microtransactions. i had to quit overwatch for that reason. impulse control machine broke ?