PS5 Glitched Mission? ‘Symbolic Sightings’

CosmicV2

I’m playing the PS5 version of this game and came across the mission ‘Symbolic Sightings’ in Strudelbek City which seems to be glitched for me. On my first save, I competed the factory section and after went to talk to Ariel which results in a call from Gwen. After the call, a marker is supposed to show up for an objective but it never did. After this, the marker never showed up and I made a new game. In the new game I went straight to Strudelbek and competed the factory mission and this time the marker did show up. 3 symbols into the mission and the game crashes. When I boot the game back up, I’m in front of Ariel with the same exact problem as the first save file happening again. Is this only happening to me and is there a fix I’m not aware of? 

• 2 weeks later...

The game wouldn't be so bad if not for all the glitches. Just mediocre. I also had this happen, but it was because the game crashed during the mission. It was working fine, then when the game crashed it set me back to the start of it where you have to talk to the lady. She says the last dialog she's supposed to but nothing else, so you get soft locked and have to start over. :'D 

I don't even know why it crashed nothing exciting was going on I was fighting two whole enemies in a bell tower so there wasn't much to render. Just a terribly optimized game. Now I'm afraid to use XLR8 to run around this version too because this one has crashed even more than the PS4 version did.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 10:44 PM, levimirin said:

Have you figured it out yet? I'm having the same issue currently and really don't want to restart this whole game it's terrible enough as it is

Sorry for the very late response I platinumed and didn't look back. After posting and finding no solutions, I uninstalled the game and saved data as well. After re-downloading the game, I skipped the forest area and went to the city to do the "Symbolic Sightings" mission. After not crashing I completed the game in one sitting since it's rather short. In this session, I did not experience any crashes but did experience a lot of freezing when running around.