How to 100%

coldspectre

Before I begin, I strongly recommend you stream Alien Rage from your PS5, this will enhance the performance of the game and will make the image quality vastly superior. 

Keep in mind however, that when you stream a PS3 game on PS5, in order to sync earned trophies, you have to double tap the PS button to open a PS3 menu option, select the PS3 menu and then select trophies, this will automatically sync trophies you have earned. 

ok, so... Alien Rage is a nightmare, to help out, I've written an enhanced guide for bosses and tips. 

First of all I noticed that while playing the game, the 'aim assist' is inconsistent and the sensitivity settings can never seem to prevent the inept drifting. However if you spam the :l1: button while spamming the :r1: fire button, the aim assist adjusts itself. I'm not sure why this works but it sounds more annoying than it is to perform. I played the entire game tapping :l1: and :r1: repeatedly when targeting enemies and this increased the speed and effectiveness of my kills. For 100% trophies, it is strongly suggested that you use the megapistol weapon anyway. The megapistol is an energy buff for the regular pistol that will unlock from the final perk selection. There are 4 sets or 3 perks and there is a cheese method that will unlock the megapistol early on in game. This weapon is so overpowered, it will 1 shot kill every enemy, with perhaps some late game 'Elites' requiring a second bullet. However you have infinite ammo and the dps will tear through everything in sight. 

You want to set yourself 2 goals initially, the first goal is to play the game on 'challenging' difficulty which is essentially, easy mode. You want to play slowly and safely until you reach the level 'Escape'. This is where you will focus on the 2nd goal, which is to unlock the megapistol. As you progress through the level, you will reach a volatile object that the game prompts you to to blow up. After which, you will climb up into a vent and will find small spider bots running around inside. Simply use the :r2: rockets on a machine gun or the rocket launcher to blow them up. You can potentially earn 500k points from multiple bonus accumulators, it's inconsistent but it doesn't matter. Now when you have destroyed the spiders, you can pause the game, scroll down to perks and look at how many points you currently hold in game. Your goal is to surpass 27million points to unlock all of the perks and of course, the megapistol. To do this, simply reload the last checkpoint and kill the spiders again, rinse and repeat until you have enough points. Please note that there are points at the top left of your screen that refer exclusively to the points you earn for the mission and are irrelevant. You only need to earn the 27million points in the perk menu score so ignore the points at the top left during gameplay. 

After you unlock the megapistol perk, you simply select the perk and switch to your pistol, the pistol will become an energy weapon. If you are feeling confident, you can restart the game from level 1 and use the megapistol on the 'brutal' difficulty setting, since one of the trophies is earned for beating the game on 'brutal' and difficulty trophies stack. If you're not confident, continue to beat the rest of the game on the easy setting and this should help you memorize the gameplay and bosses. I played this way personally, to familiarize myself with the game before taking the plunge into Brutal. 

So here is my advice for the boss fights.

Boss 1 - Vorus Gladiator - This boss will fire through walls it seems and can be very annoying in that regard, however, when the battle begins, you can run down to the right side of the catwalk and there are two indestructible pillars, both of which have volatile explosives attached to them, it is best that you shoot them and blow them up yourself and then use the pillars for cover. When the boss is at half health, he will fire grenades at you, I found that running between both pillars always ensured I had cover from his minigun while having more than enough time to escape the explosions of his grenades.

Boss 2 - Vorus Gladiator - the boss is a wimp, just shoot this one, no problem on easy. 

Boss 3 - MKXII Heavy Machine - When the fight begins, destroy the two batteries on the bosses shoulders, this will prompt the boss to retreat to the centre of the arena where he enters a stasis, meanwhile enemies will rush you at this point. So a very important note here to remember. When you observe the two elevators that the enemies will arrive from, there is one on the left and one on the right, you have to make sure that the aliens on the right side elevator, actually use the elevator and bring it down because this will give you a cover area for the bosses second stage. If you kill the enemies before they come down, the doors will be locked. Once the enemies are dead, shoot the pylons holding the boss in stasis and retreat to the elevator. From there, snipe the boss safely while he spams grenades at you. You should be able to survive really easily and pick him apart. 

Boss 4 - AA 19 Combat Mech - the boss is a wimp, just shoot this one, no problem on easy.

Boss 5 - GX7 Destroyer Prototype - This boss is annoying because you are inside a mech and in a confined space where the boss slams his fists down on you. In order to beat him safely, move to the right corner, this should keep you out of harms way. Destroy the rocket launchers on the bosses shoulders, then destroy the chest plate to reveal the core, shoot the core and the boss will die. 

Boss 6 - Vorus Prime - If you tap the :r2: button during the cutscene, the boss should freeze when the fight starts, it's a bug and makes it easy, however if it doesn't work for you, look up at the roof, you will see cannisters, shoot them and when they drop on the boss and explode, he will be stunlocked, so it's the same effect. Pick him off this way. 

Boss 7 - DF9 Sentry Mech - For this boss I strongly recommend you reserve your special ammo for the third stage of the fight. For stage 1, just shoot the boss on the glowing part of his back. For stage 2, just shoot the boss on the glowing part of his front. But for stage 3, you want to use your special ammo :r2: against the glowing part of his back and dispatch him very quickly before it gets hectic. 

Final Boss - Vorus god Mech - This boss can take damage from any part of it's body but the orange eyes on it's face are the weak spots, the actual orange eyes, not around them. What you always want to try and do is take cover behind something that has you placed directly in line of his face but on the opposite side of the section you are in i.e. the boss is North East and you want to be South East. There are two reasons for this, the first is that it reduces the chances you will be blown up by his missile spam but it also has the charitable benefit that his spider drones will come towards you in a straight line, congest themselves together, making them easy to pick off one by one - the boss has 3 checkpoints, when you defeat him twice, on the third checkpoint you will enter an area with a ramp that heads down, simply run to the left and forward into the corner of the map, you will be 100% safe in there, the boss can't get you, nor his spider bots and the enemies that rush you will be running into a bottle neck for you to easily pick off, remain here until it's calm and then shoot the boss in the legs, not the face. He will fall down and a tower will fall on top of him and crush him. 

There are also handy corners like this in the mission 'Meltdown' where you smash 6 consoles and each time, a wave of enemies will rush you. On the last 2 consoles, the enemies spawn around you making it too easy for you to die on Brutal mode, however, to the left of the left console and to the right of the right console, there are overhead beams that can shield you. This helped me survive on Brutal. 

Also, you have to kill an enemy with every weapon in this game, just to be clear, you will find all the weapons easily without a guide but you must also kill with :r2: special ammo on each weapon as well. The last weapon in the game is dropped by 'Elite' infantry first introduced in the mission 'Gateway' so don't worry about missing guns. You wont. 

Last but not least, the mission that most people are quitting brutal mode on is 'Marathon' where you are forced to use a minigun on a rail, you are a constant sitting duck. However, the best tip I have is that since you don't use the megapistol in this mission, you can remove the megapistol perk and replace it with the heavy weapon cooldown perk instead, this will cooldown the minigun. Now all you have to do is focus your fire on mostly explosive objects next to the enemies and you should survive this mission no problem. Oh and yes, if you were curious, the 10% energy weapon boost perk, does apply to the megapistol damage but honestly I don't think you need it. 

I hope this helps.

• Like 1