PSA: Possible Save Corruption Glitch in one of the Challenges (Fixable!)

Shipyroni

I've played the whole game these past couple of days and I was cleaning up my save file to reach 100% completion. I left all challenges for last along with the missing collectibles, and I managed to complete everything without issue up to a certain point.

The first challenge of Pirate Island (Legion 101) glitched for me, and I couldn't beat it at all. As soon as I killed the last enemy of the first wave (bronze tier), the game crashed. It was an auto-save point, so that was probably the issue. Also, for some reason, the water on that area and some others is also red, so it was probably the glitched texture that was messing up with the save. I don't see this issue documentated anywhere else, or on the older PS4 version, but it's still worth mentioning because it can happen to other players.

Reinstalling the game didn't cut it for me. Gameplay wise, I tried to let the NPC finish the last enemy for me or to use different moves in battle, but the game still crashed. I also completed another challenge to make another auto-save in hope it would unglitch whatever was going on, but it also didn't work. I was about to give up on this save and start from scratch, but I remembered to try and clean the system cache and rebuild the database and that did the trick! After 10 minutes, I could complete the challenge without any crash. :)

• Like 1