Discharge Trophy

Sunny

Hey guys I love classic FPS like Doom, Hexen and Daikatana(jk) and I always wanted to play Quake, it's currently on sale and super cheap and it seems everything can be done solo except for this trophy, is it possible to get it in Deathmatch solo with bots? I don't have a second controller sadly.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Hey guys I love classic FPS like Doom, Hexen and Daikatana(jk) and I always wanted to play Quake, it's currently on sale and super cheap and it seems everything can be done solo except for this trophy, is it possible to get it in Deathmatch solo with bots? I don't have a second controller sadly.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can earn that trophy with a a training bot on the Cistern map.

I'm currently writing a guide for the game, actually it's on standby but I will definitively send it for review this year. Here's the section for that particular trophy:

This trophy can be earned while being signed out of PlayStation Network or without having an internet connection.

For this trophy you need to electrocute an enemy that is in water with the Thunderbolt weapon in deathmatch. This trophy can easily be obtained in local Deathmatch with a training bot.

On the game menu, go to Multiplayer -> Local Play -> Change Settings -> Game Mode: Deathmatch, Episode: Quake, Map: DM5: The Cistern, Number of Bots: 1 (or as many as you want), Bot Skill: Training. Now press Circle to go back and press Play.

As soon as the map loads find the room that contains Yellow Armor and a small box of nails next to a hole on the floor. When you locate this room drop into the hole, you will land inside water. Now look for an alcove above water level containing a Thunderbolt, a big box of cells, and a Pentagram of Protection on it. Once you find it grab the Thunderbolt and wait for the bot to get into the water. When you are sure the bot is underwater quickly pick the Pentagram of Protection and jump into the water. Now fire the Thunderbolt and you will not only kill but also gib the bot while you will be unscathed thanks to the Pentagram of Protection. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Yes, you can earn that trophy with a a training bot on the Cistern map.

I'm currently writing a guide for the game, actually it's on standby but I will definitively send it for review this year. Here's the section for that particular trophy:

This trophy can be earned while being signed out of PlayStation Network or without having an internet connection.

For this trophy you need to electrocute an enemy that is in water with the Thunderbolt weapon in deathmatch. This trophy can easily be obtained in local Deathmatch with a training bot.

On the game menu, go to Multiplayer -> Local Play -> Change Settings -> Game Mode: Deathmatch, Episode: Quake, Map: DM5: The Cistern, Number of Bots: 1 (or as many as you want), Bot Skill: Training. Now press Circle to go back and press Play.

As soon as the map loads find the room that contains Yellow Armor and a small box of nails next to a hole on the floor. When you locate this room drop into the hole, you will land inside water. Now look for an alcove above water level containing a Thunderbolt, a big box of cells, and a Pentagram of Protection on it. Once you find it grab the Thunderbolt and wait for the bot to get into the water. When you are sure the bot is underwater quickly pick the Pentagram of Protection and jump into the water. Now fire the Thunderbolt and you will not only kill but also gib the bot while you will be unscathed thanks to the Pentagram of Protection. 

Damn, super thanks for the thorough explanation and method, I'll pick up the game, so like Doom 3 for PS4 there are no Multiplayer trophies right? Just making sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Damn, super thanks for the thorough explanation and method, I'll pick up the game, so like Doom 3 for PS4 there are no Multiplayer trophies right? Just making sure.

That trophy is the closest to a multiplayer trophy, you are good to earn the platinum without worrying about multiplayer for this game.

11 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

That trophy is the closest to a multiplayer trophy, you are good to earn the platinum without worrying about multiplayer for this game.

Thanks again for the super fast reply and method, really hope the trophy guide works out, you are the real MVP.

• Like 1