Animal Compendium Bug

Caioba---

Hi guys, i have a problem. I was doing the "Skin Deep" and "Zoologist" trophies simultaneously, and when i killed the last animal the first trophy popped but the second didnt. I looked into my compendium and every single animal is studied and i still don't have the trophy. Has anyone dealt with that? Is there anything i need to/can do?

• Like 1

So the zoologist trophy is missing? I tracked all the RDR2 trophies in the Rockstar Social Club App. Go to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ and create an account. Click on the icon in the right corner and go to settings --> Linked accounts. Link your PSN account.

Go now to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/trophies and check if you have unlocked the zoologist trophy here or if is shown on the right with xx%. If it is not unlocked, you are missing some animals. Go to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/compendium/animals and check which animal is missing. For the trophy it is not enough to discover the anmial. Open every animal tile and check if it is noted with "Studied: Yes".

Edited by Micola7h
  • Like 1

If you want it, I can check your game stats (RDR2 Compendium,...) in the Social Club App. Maybe you are missing something and a second pair of eyes is helpful. But I think you have to allow this in the settings. Under Privacy --> My Single Player & Profile Page Game Stats --> Everyone.

• Like 1

I think i just did that, can you check? Also, i found out there was an animal i had to study again. In the compendium said it was studied but i could study again when i saw it. I don't know why, so i guess is glitched. I still don't have the trophy, maybe that glitch happened with other animal too

Weird, for me it says its studied, gonna try it. Probably it happened the same with the other animal i said in my last message, i'll study it again. Thank you mate, im gonna be back here in a couple hours to let you know. I appreciate it

Edited by Caioba---

On 2/11/2023 at 4:11 PM, Micola7h said:

If you want it, I can check your game stats (RDR2 Compendium,...) in the Social Club App. Maybe you are missing something and a second pair of eyes is helpful. But I think you have to allow this in the settings. Under Privacy --> My Single Player & Profile Page Game Stats --> Everyone.

My guy, I hate to do this, but the same thing happened to me today. I got Skin Deep, but Zoologist did not pop. You seem to have incredible eyes for detail. I'm here4headshots on PSN. Could you give me a look? It would make me feel incredibly dumb if you found something, but I would be incredibly elated that it's not glitched and I could simply fix it. 

42 minutes ago, here4headshots said:

My guy, I hate to do this, but the same thing happened to me today. I got Skin Deep, but Zoologist did not pop. You seem to have incredible eyes for detail. I'm here4headshots on PSN. Could you give me a look? It would make me feel incredibly dumb if you found something, but I would be incredibly elated that it's not glitched and I could simply fix it. 

I've just had a look on the Social Club and you're missing the Band-Tailed Pigeon. Check the Bard's Crossing bridge.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

I've just had a look on the Social Club and you're missing the Band-Tailed Pigeon. Check the Bard's Crossing bridge.

Huuuuuge thank you for checking ?????. Man I could have sworn I got that a few nights ago in Annesburg at the dock. It was one of the last few I had left. I will come back and confirm that I got the trophy when I catch that lil guy. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

2 minutes ago, Micola7h said:

Yep, this was the missing one. Congrats for the zoologist trophy. ;)

Thank you both for looking. This one threw me off because I KNOW that I got the banned tailed pigeon either last night or the night before last. It was one of my last 2 or 3. For whatever reason after I got it, it did not permanently update my compendium. I feel dumb for not realizing it, but not as dumb knowing I was tracking all of the animals I need pretty accurately outside of this sync issue. I appreciate y'all. You guys are what this community is all about for me. 

• Like 2

On 19/02/2023 at 7:52 PM, here4headshots said:

Thank you both for looking. This one threw me off because I KNOW that I got the banned tailed pigeon either last night or the night before last. It was one of my last 2 or 3. For whatever reason after I got it, it did not permanently update my compendium. I feel dumb for not realizing it, but not as dumb knowing I was tracking all of the animals I need pretty accurately outside of this sync issue. I appreciate y'all. You guys are what this community is all about for me. 

Im glad you got it, man, and im glad i could at least help someone with this post. I guess the compendium is kinda glitched. Im sure i had studied both animals but for some reason my compendium didn't update. At least you also got it. Congrats.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hey, I can check it but can not find you on the Rockstar Social Club.

Please note the two comments, link your PSN account to the Rockstar Social Club and allow others to compare stats in the privacy settings.

Go now to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/trophies and check if you have unlocked the zoologist trophy here or if is shown on the right with xx%. If it is not unlocked, you are missing some animals. Go to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/compendium/animals and check which animal is missing. For the trophy it is not enough to discover the anmial. Open every animal tile and check if it is noted with "Studied: Yes".

Unfortunately this time your compendium looks complete and you studied all animals. But on your trophies tab it shows a completion rate of 94% for the zoologist trophy. What does it show for you under the trophies tab ? Not sure if it helps, if you refresh the trophy tab inside the social club app but 94% means you are missing 10 animals that didnt register correctly. Not sure what happened here, maybe it is a sync problem. At the moment I cant help here, Im sorry. :(

Edited by Micola7h

• 5 months later...
On 2/13/2023 at 2:39 AM, Micola7h said:

You are welcome. Glad to hear it worked. ;)

Hello, I am quite late but if you are able can you check my compendium, I cannot figure out what I am missing for the Skin-deep trophy. Zoologist popped but not this one.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:24 AM, G-l-o-r-y12 said:

Hello, I am quite late but if you are able can you check my compendium, I cannot figure out what I am missing for the Skin-deep trophy. Zoologist popped but not this one.

Accept my friend request on Rockstar Social Club App, so I can check your stats. Or change your privacy settings in the social App: Under Privacy --> My Single Player & Profile Page Game Stats --> Everyone.