ss requirements defense missions

ALMIGHTYSHARKSTR

Hi all,

I just started No More Heroes 3 and have a question for the ss ranks on defense missions for what i need to obtain SS rank.  I am confused because on the very first one after first getting to walk around the town where you have 8 waves I attempted ss rank.  I beat it in 4 minutes 29 seconds and had a medal beside that time and i also beat it without taking damage.  So if anyone could tell me what the requirements for ss rank are it would be gratefully appreciated.

iirc you're rated on time, damage taken, and how many death glove skills you use. However I think time is weighted heavier than anything else, at least it feels that way. I don't think there is a list anywhere out there of exact requirements needed unfortunately though.

But honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much on your first playthrough, the scoring system in the game feels like an afterthought. Feels like the requirements for SS are the same regardless of difficulty despite the fact enemies have more health with each higher difficulty. You're basically just punishing yourself if you are going for SS ranks and aren't on the lowest difficulty and doing it at endgame when you have maxed skills and the best gear (especially once you get the Z chip which removes skill cooldowns.) Heck your ranks carry over into NG+ anyway. So if you SS a defense mission on the lowest difficulty when you start NG+ on a higher difficulty that defense mission will already be SS ranked.