Tips on Trophies?

NSpectreGarrus

On 2023-02-24 at 8:19 AM, NSpectreGarrus said:

Looking for some tips on how to win round 7, score an 80 yard touchdown, and score 100 points in a game.  

Also, how do you get the Against All Odds - Overcome a Safety trophy?

Thanks for any tips!!

- Round 7 will just take some time, a bit of luck and some skill! Keep at it! 

- 100 points, after each win there will be a bonus round. Hit bronze without missing to turn into silver, then gold rings. Also hit the receivers. Will take some time but you’ll get it. An opportunity is there after each win. 

- Overcome a safety: round one vs ai on any difficulty (non exhibition), first snap just go backwards into your own end zone to give the opponent 2 points (8 total). Now you’ll have some two minutes to score twice.

Tip: three completed passes (can even be handoffs or WR screens as long as they get positive yards) will enable “on fire” mode. Now, you cannot throw an interception, take advantage.

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2023 at 4:40 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

- Round 7 will just take some time, a bit of luck and some skill! Keep at it! 

- 100 points, after each win there will be a bonus round. Hit bronze without missing to turn into silver, then gold rings. Also hit the receivers. Will take some time but you’ll get it. An opportunity is there after each win. 

- Overcome a safety: round one vs ai on any difficulty (non exhibition), first snap just go backwards into your own end zone to give the opponent 2 points (8 total). Now you’ll have some two minutes to score twice.

Tip: three completed passes (can even be handoffs or WR screens as long as they get positive yards) will enable “on fire” mode. Now, you cannot throw an interception, take advantage.

Great tips here, thank you!!  I didn't know about the "on fire" mode means you cannot throw an interception!  I also assumed "overcome a safety" meant the safety position, which didn't really make sense haha.  

The only other one is the 80 yard TD sounds tough, but I guess just a bit luck based.  Is the best way to take control of the receiver after the catch is made?  I tried making the catches myself, but that can be difficult...

20 minutes ago, NSpectreGarrus said:

The only other one is the 80 yard TD sounds tough, but I guess just a bit luck based.  Is the best way to take control of the receiver after the catch is made?  I tried making the catches myself, but that can be difficult...

The 80-yard tud will be easy also, you may need to just play around with drawing plays. Two crossing routes should free up a receiver, and then hit 'em deep. Let the CPU do the catching for this one! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 11:34 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

The 80-yard tud will be easy also, you may need to just play around with drawing plays. Two crossing routes should free up a receiver, and then hit 'em deep. Let the CPU do the catching for this one! 

Thanks to all of your tips so far, I've gotten all trophies except for Win Round 7.  This thing seems impossible!  I've gotten to round 7 a handful of times, but they always make insane interceptions and tons of sacks...

Any chance you (or anyone) can post plays that really help?  I don't know if we can take pictures of the playboard in VR, but something like that would be invaluable.  My main play right now is one receiver goes straight and deep, while two on other side of the ball run deep crossing? routes.  I can use that play to clear rounds 1 - 5 easy, but 6 is tough, and 7 is worse.

Thanks for any more advice!

18 hours ago, NSpectreGarrus said:

Any chance you (or anyone) can post plays that really help?

I've got you (and any others who may browse this forum). So, at first, I was trying to get three quick completions for positive yards to initiate the "on fire" mode (in which the ball is literally, on fire, and you cannot throw an interception as mentioned earlier). However, running a WR screen, or running back handoff didn't always gain positive yards, and not only does failing to gain yards result in a loss of a down but the streak towards "on fire" is reset also. 

So, like you, I resorted to throwing deep to score quickly, but in later rounds, a turnover is a death sentence. So after a lot, I mean, a LOT of fiddling around with plays (crossing routes to free a guy open, etc.), I achieved the play here (not exactly the same as in game). The blue star is your target WR, you can fiddle with moving receivers to become blockers, among other things but the way it worked for me is that the receiver far left will initially pull two defenders, opening up the slot receiver underneath. This allowed for a short, easy completion and a lot of YAC (yards after catch). Hope this helped, good luck!

yRsFO5x.png

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1