Difficulty with Ren Ending (Spoilers)

Currently on the last Drop of the game, in Ren’s section; I’m aware he has a total of four endings (2 for picking Ose, 2 for picking Shiragiku) and I’m trying to get the Shiragiku bad ending (“Inside the Box/Casket/Reliquary,” it’s apparently called, depending on translation.)

All sources I can find say you just need to pick Shiragiku’s hair before the Chamber of Vows and then let her kill you, at which point she’ll drag Ren into the black box. It’s not working. I’ve tried just standing there… Game Over. Tried running closer to the box, then just standing there… Game Over. Tried getting rid of her little doll minions, then letting her get me, both near the entrance of the room and when standing by the box… Game Over. Is there some extra step involved, is it RNG, is there something stupid I’m completely missing, here?

EDIT: Of course, the next attempt it works. ? I ran forward as soon as the fight starts, let the first two dolls hit me, got up, then stood with my back to the box, facing the door. Shiragiku then bullrushed me, and into the box Ren went. Don’t know if it was my positioning, RNG or what, but at least that’s one ending down.

Edited by Ashande
Got the ending.
  • Like 1