Problem with Missing Timestamps

Jay1987DE

Hey,

I have a Problem with missing timestamps on two games:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2209-wwe-2k14/Jay1987DE

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3-bioshock/Jay1987DE

On PSNTL, the same timestamps are missing, but the original text "Completed all X trophies on X X, X X PM in X days and X minutes." is somehow still unchanged.

My guess what happened: I changed my PS3 harddrive because I still had the old 60GB Version which was almost occupied by Gran Turismo 5 by itself.

I did the whole export / import thing to the new 500GB drive, but kept it all offline because I was done with hunting trophies or at least I thought I was. So I didn´t synced the trophies and don´t set the right systemtime. The only games I played ... you guessed it, exactly the two linked above. Some trophies popped during playing these games, some did not.

After about 3,5 years I wanted to hunt trophies again, got online and synced everything. All seemed fine.

This weekend I started BioShock (PS4) and I wanted to check my trophies from the PS3 Version and realised the issue with the missing time stamps.

I checked all my other games and found the second one with the same issue and I think (not 100% sure) the harddrive swap + playing offline for 3,5 years may caused this.

So how can I fix this timestamps? Is it possible to switch back to the 60GB drive and sync everyhting again? Not sure I sill have it but when you say this will fix it I am sure searching for it. But I have some unfinished games on my new 500GB harddrive, so would it be possible to switch back to it? Or will sync trophies cause the same problem again?

Hope someone can help me

best regards

5 minutes ago, Jay1987DE said:

So how can I fix this timestamps?

You can’t. Once Missing Timestamp is set and synced on a trophy, there is no changing it. 

6 minutes ago, Jay1987DE said:

But I have some unfinished games on my new 500GB harddrive, so would it be possible to switch back to it? Or will sync trophies cause the same problem again?

That might be possible but the timestamp will be set when the trophy was earned and if you earned them while the console with the new drive hadn’t connected to PSN to sync clocks, they’ll all also have Missing Timestamps. 

• Like 1

There was a valid timestamp before, so it is possible for sony to set it to missing but no way to set it back to what is was before?

Why does sony overwrite an existing timestamp anyway? I mean I understand when earning NEW trophies offline and syncing to cause this problem, but not if they were already earned and synced with sonys servers. Now I look like a damn dirty jailbreak cheater ... I earned both games trophies by playing legit and fair.

Edited by Jay1987DE

2 minutes ago, Jay1987DE said:

There was a valid timestamp before, so it is possible for sony to set it to missing but no way to set it back to what is was before?

Why does sony overwrite an existing timestamp anyway? Now I look like a damn dirty jailbreak cheater ... I earned both games trophies by playing it fair.

The way the programming logic works when one trophy with two timestamps works is the earlier date overwrites any newer data. Missing Timestamp is treated like January 1, 1970 (Unix epoch time). Good luck syncing an earlier date than that. 

If your console isn’t synced with PSN, then any timestamps showing aren’t verified against PSN time so they’re not valid. Otherwise everyone would reformat their console, set their date and time to whatever they want and earn trophies to customize their times. 

Why Sony even chose to allow overwriting? Who knows. We can only speculate and of course some of us will believe there will be very valid circumstances. If you find the person or team that decided and created the trophy logic, send them here. We’d love to pick their brain. 

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The way the programming logic works when one trophy with two timestamps works is the earlier date overwrites any newer data. Missing Timestamp is treated like January 1, 1970 (Unix epoch time). Good luck syncing an earlier date than that.

I understand, I can´t say that for sure but the time after the harddrive swap was set around 2008 or so. So the "earned on" should not be before 2008. There must be a other reason why it was set to zero.

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If your console isn’t synced with PSN, then any timestamps showing aren’t verified against PSN time so they’re not valid. Otherwise everyone would reformat their console, set their date and time to whatever they want and earn trophies to customize their times.

But what about trophies like this one:  https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/430-saw-2/46-you-wasted-your-life

Even the guide says "change your system time to that date".

This one doesn´t end up as invalid timestamp ... though per definition it is 100% an invalid timestamp.

Edited by Jay1987DE

47 minutes ago, Jay1987DE said:

I understand, I can´t say that for sure but the time after the harddrive swap was set around 2008 or so. So the "earned on" should not be before 2008. There must be an other reason why it was set to zero.

Yes, however you already synced the Missing Timestamps to PSN, overwriting 2008 with an earlier date. 

48 minutes ago, Jay1987DE said:

But what about trophies like this one:  https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/430-saw-2/46-you-wasted-your-life

Even the guide says "change your system time to that date".

This one doesn´t end up as invalid timestamp ... though per definition it is 100% an invalid timestamp.

Changing your date and time on your console that has been synced with PSN already will have zero effect on the timestamps, they’ll be stamped when they pop. Consoles not synced to PSN yet, will always be Missing Timestamps.