Racing Rigs for VR

VenlafaxineHead

I've always been into racing games which is why I find it odd that I never got into Gran Turismo. Maybe it was because it's billed and marketed as a realistic sim racer whereas I always gravitated towards more arcade/realistic racing like Dirt & Grid while playing in 3rd person mode. 

Since getting PSVR 2 I had to pick up GT7. I've been loving it - but I only have a controller at this point in time and it takes a lot of immersion out of the experience. 

After deliberating for a couple of weeks I finally just said - screw it - and ordered a rig/wheel. Entry level stuff, but even entry level stuff is pricy. I'm excited to try it out next week. Man... I've invested a lot of $$$ into VR so far, but I'm loving it so... I suppose that's all that matters. 

What I bought:

Thrustmaster T128P, Force Feedback USB Racing Wheel with Magnetic Pedals  (PS5, PS4, PC)

Dshot Racing Wheel Stand with seat Driving Seat Racing Simulator Cockpit Recliner with Gear Shift Mount for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Logitech, Thrustmaster

• Like 1

I've had my chair set up for a few days now and I'm absolutely loving GT7. It's a blast with a wheel. 

Biggest problem I'm having so far is securing the pedals so they don't slip...but I think I've got that taken care of with some tie downs. Double sided, strong, anti-slip tape doesn't cut it. You definitely get a glimpse into how much pressure you put on your pedals when you're driving - as well as gripping the wheel. I had some tight races where I actually dislodged the wheel from the mount because I was pulling on it so hard. Little tweaks here and there and I'll be golden. I recommend the wheel, but am sort of regretting skimping on the chair. It's okay...but spending a little more for quality/comfort may have been the way to go. Either way... not a deal-breaker. 

gBmRpu9.jpg

Nice, you'll enjoy the cockpit a lot.  I use a wheel stand, so my load cell brakes have to be turned down relatively low.  Praying that F1 23 will have VR support on console.  When you want to upgrade to direct drive, go Fanatec because the ecosystem is very upgradeable if you make it past the high entry cost.

Fanatec GT DD Pro 8 nm

V2.5x Formula Wheel for F1 / GT wheel for GT7

Load cell brakes

GT Omega Apex stand

PSVR2

• Like 1