A relaxing and fun game - short review

In Hidden Paws Mystery you are tasked to find some cats stranded on 3D islands. The gameplay is really simple: you move a cursor on the screen and click on the cats to add them to your count. There are also balls of yarn to find. Most of the cats are easy to spot, but some of them are really well hidden, and sometimes you have to open crates or smash vases to find the cats or the yarn hidden inside.

There is a hint system but it's pretty useless because it only tell you how many cats or yarn are left to find, but doesn't help much because doesn’t point you in any direction. There is a lantern to light up some dark areas, very helpful for the cats that are in some dark niches.

Overall the game it's easy and the only difficult thing will be to get used to the controls. Rotating the screen is sometimes a little complicated, and the camera could get stuck behind some object.

The various island are well designed and offer a good selection of themes, from classic prairie to fantasy setting, like the one with the chess pieces, or to horror, like the one that as some Lovecraftian vibes, or just plain snowfield. The graphics are good and detailed, and the music is very soothing.

The game itself isn't very long, although that depends on how quickly you can find all the cats in a level, but it's fun and addicting: you may find yourself searching for 20 minutes the last missing cat on a level without realizing how much time has passed. The trophy list is easy too, find all the cats and all yarns, but there are some extra objective like smashing some pumpkins, or find a penguin (and I think that this are some pun to the band Smashing Pumpkins and to the penguins scene from Italian Spiderman, but I could be wrong, nonetheless I find them funny).

In the end, Hidden Paws Mystery is a good and fun, albeit short game. So, if you like this kind of game or want to play something calm and relaxing, Hidden Paws Mystery it's a good choice.

Vote: 6,5/10

Hey there, I'm with the publishers, Silesia Games.

Thanks for Your feedback and very spot-on review. I'm glad you appreciate the funny bits thrown into the code, cheers.

---

More interesting games coming in 2023

Lot's of stuff happening on our YT channel, feel free to comment & stuff.

Take care and.. May the good games be with You!