Bling-Bling glitched?

SarcalogosVermis

I finally beat episode 9 of the Good, Bad and Augmented DLC and have unlocked all of the trophies bar one - Bling-Bling, which is awarded for winning all Frontier gear earned by completing episodes with various modifiers enabled. All I need for the trophy to unlock is the Shades of Gold which should be in the safe after the episode 9 boss fight. However, and I've done this a few times now, every time I open the safe, there is loot inside but acquiring it doesn't add anything to my inventory. I don't get any notification of receiving the Shades of Gold. Has anyone else encountered this glitch and if so were you able to do something about it?

Edited by SarcalogosVermis

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, in case this helps anyone else out:

I finally got it after a few tries. A bit of context: the route to this boss contains some very powerful enemies that can do alot of damage. So, I devised what I thought was a cunning strategy. I selected the energy-fluctuation modifier and the flamethrower drone before starting episode nine, equipped with a number of implants to increase health and health injections. Then I ran through the first section avoiding everything - the train, the enemies, as best I could. You can jump from one section of rail to another, and once you land on the third platform you can drop down to a shortcut.

For the second area, I positioned myself on the edge of the drop to the arena and spammed the fuck out of the flamethrower drone when my energy randomly peaked. That made short work of the first two enemies (much better than the melee drone). I had to then drop down, coax out the first guy up the ramp and bait him into attacking until I could call on my drone. Rinse and repeat for the second guy. Then it was shortcut time to the end. On my best run, I lost no health whatsoever getting this far and went into the boss fight with 18 health injections intact.

At this point, once I noticed the game had autosaved, I exited the game and backed up my save file. I think this might have been the cause of my problem. The route to the boss is such a pain and the boss is hard enough that I figured, if I die, at least I can restore my previous safe file and try again. I beat the boss using the drone on a number of occasions using this method and the safe never yielded the Shades of Gold, despite a loot icon inside. On return to the control room, I hadn't received the shades at all.

So, on my final (successful) attempt, I redid the mission using the same strategy and this time did NOT back up my save file. This way I did the whole three-part mission uninterrupted by a save, exit and restart. Once again, I got no notification of picking up the shades from the safe and thought I was fucked out of the trophy until maybe NG+, but the trophy finally popped when I returned to the control room and, lo and behold, the shades were in my inventory.

So, TL;DR - don't make a backup save before the boss fight. Just learn the most effective shortcuts to the boss and spam the hell out of the drone!

• Like 1