Is Ghostwire: Tokyo Deluxe Upgrade Worth It?

poetic_justice_

The deluxe upgrade is currently 50% off on NA PSN. Given that the deluxe edition of Deathloop (another PS5 Bethesda title created by Arkane Studios, but not Tango Gameworks) offered unique weapons, I was wondering if Ghostwire: Tokyo offered anything that would aid in obtaining the platinum. After research, the short answer is no. The deluxe upgrade is cosmetic-only, offering five character skins and one weapon skin for the bow and arrow, making the weapon look like kunai (throwing knives). From what I understand, damage output is not increased by the Kunai skin. If anyone who owns the deluxe version can confirm this fact, I would appreciate it, as I could not find that specific detail when searching.

Below are thoughts on the deluxe edition from Attack of the Fanboy and reddit users. A reddit user named Slith_81 wrote, "My only major gripes [with Ghostwire: Tokyo overall] are really the touchy/wonky aiming, and lackluster skill tree/upgrade system. Aiming feels a bit clunky to me, like trying to play a shooter with Fallout or Dishonored style aiming. I've played with the settings, but can't find anything that feels quite right. Aiming either feels too slow or too fast, I havent been able to find the sweet spot. It's no deal breaker though, just an annoyance of mine.

Not much to say about the skills/upgrade system. It's pretty basic and most upgrades are just damage output increases. I just find it uninspiring, which is a shame because everything else about the game feels unique."

Slith_81's comment mirrors similar opinions expressed here on PSNProfiles. From a practical standpoint, it appears the Deluxe upgrade offers nothing to help players obtain the platinum, only cosmetics to make us look aesthetically different while we do it. I hope this helps anyone else wondering if it is worth it to upgrade their copy of this unique game. I am debating whether to buy the upgrade to support Tango Gameworks, not for any in-game benefits, but because this studio is genuinely trying to do something different. As Slith_81 pointed out, "The idea behind combat, like being Dr. Strange, is really cool. This game makes me actually want an FPS Dr. Strange game now." Developers willing to create a unique game space in the unknown are not a common occurrence on consoles. While upgrading Ghostwire: Tokyo does not ease the platinum journey, it is a small way to support Tango Gameworks.

https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/ghostwire-tokyo-is-the-deluxe-edition-worth-it/

EDIT: Nah, who am I kidding. I'm going to take that $11 dollars and buy another game from PSN.

Edited by poetic_justice_