Incredible FFPR guides on Steam

Wuginator

Howdy all! 

Since the games have been around for quite awhile on Steam, some pretty rad guides have been put together with specific advice for all the trophies. 

The guides authored by lylat and collaborators are fantastic.

Here's the one for FFIIhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2562182792 

Wanted to also have a shoutout to this guide for advice on getting a super powerful weapon earlyhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2878757447

Loving having the chance to play some classic Final Fantasy again and now with trophies ?

• Like 2

Yes I followed their guide for I and now following it for II

I also want to note that there a some great and detailed maps in Gamefaqs for all areas

These games have been out for many many years and on many plataforms so there are a lot of materials out there. But since the trophies are copy paste from steam achievements, following steam guides is best since lylat did an awesome job

Btw, with the in game boost, there is really no point in grinding to be OP... you will be just by playing through the guide with the x4 stats and x4 gil

Edited by oYazmat

If anyone is following lylat's, be careful, you actually need to get the misseable bestiary before going into Mysidian Tower and not after like it's noted in the guide! (I just missed Land Ray... hopefully the bestiary is shared between saves)

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

If anyone is following lylat's, be careful, you actually need to get the misseable bestiary before going into Mysidian Tower and not after like it's noted in the guide! (I just missed Land Ray... hopefully the bestiary is shared between saves)

Same thing happened to me, I got to that point in the guide only to see I was missing Phorusracos. ?

Luckily, the Bestiary does seem to be shared between saves! I made a new post-Ultima save, loaded an older quick save from floor 5 of Mysidian Tower, went to the area around the Dreadnought to find Phorusracos, made a third save there and then reloaded my autosave from leaving Mysidian Tower after getting Ultimata. Checked the Bestiary and sure enough, Phorusracos was there. ?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, oYazmat said:

Btw, with the in game boost, there is really no point in grinding to be OP... you will be just by playing through the guide with the x4 stats and x4 gil

Oh, do all 6 games comes with cheats?

2 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Technically the guide does list it during the Coliseum: Part I. While playing I just made sure to grab every entry when they were first shown unless explicitly labeled as showing up later so I didn't run into that issue. Glad to hear that the Bestiary carries over between saves though!

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Oh, do all 6 games comes with cheats?

They are boosts... not cheats

9 hours ago, RayCharlizard said:

Same thing happened to me, I got to that point in the guide only to see I was missing Phorusracos. 1f62d.png

Luckily, the Bestiary does seem to be shared between saves! I made a new post-Ultima save, loaded an older quick save from floor 5 of Mysidian Tower, went to the area around the Dreadnought to find Phorusracos, made a third save there and then reloaded my autosave from leaving Mysidian Tower after getting Ultimata. Checked the Bestiary and sure enough, Phorusracos was there. 1f44d.png

Lucky you... I wish I had made an earlier save... I started a new run, hopefully, you can disable encounters and go all the way to the desert from the start to fight a Land Ray. However... I can't kill it yet since all my hits does 0 damage. I got to raise some stats but I still can't find a good spot to do it

8 hours ago, Wuginator said:

Technically the guide does list it during the Coliseum: Part I. While playing I just made sure to grab every entry when they were first shown unless explicitly labeled as showing up later so I didn't run into that issue. Glad to hear that the Bestiary carries over between saves though!

Well I don't necessarily want to grind every place since most enemies show up elsewhere too. I did check the guide from the start and saw that it had the warning so I told myself I'll grind them when I get to the warning. Problem is... the warning is way too late

Edited by oYazmat