Most time efficient route to 100%?

Hey guys, I platinumed this on my old profile years ago and I plan on doing it again as I found it super enjoyable. I want to go for the 100% but I want to make it as time efficient as possible. I was thinking of doing my first playthrough on Very Easy Permadeath and my second NG+ playthrough on Grounded. Is this possible? Is there a more efficient route?

This is the way I'm doing it right now. Just got all collectibles on very easy permadeath, which was very doable. I think I only died from a random jump off the map and from

the rat king

What's good is that if you happen to die, the game remembers which collectibles you've picked up, meaning that you don't have to get them a second time. (It will show a small check mark if you go to pick them up again after you've died.)

I haven't beaten grounded and have yet to get all upgrades, but I think this route might be the best as you don't have to combine grounded and permadeath this way. Good luck on the 100%!

Edited by s3lf_loath1ng
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, s3lf_loath1ng said:

This is the way I'm doing it right now. Just got all collectibles on very easy permadeath, which was very doable. I think I only died from a random jump off the map and from

Hide contents

the rat king

What's good is that if you happen to die, the game remembers which collectibles you've picked up, meaning that you don't have to get them a second time. (It will show a small check mark if you go to pick them up again after you've died.)

I haven't beaten grounded and have yet to get all upgrades, but I think this route might be the best as you don't have to combine grounded and permadeath this way. Good luck on the 100%!

Thanks! I'm gonna go the same route then. I'm assuming you're doing per-chapter permadeath?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Thanks! I'm gonna go the same route then. I'm assuming you're doing per-chapter permadeath?

Yeah, per chapter was how I did it, so I never lost that much progress if I died. I think according to the game I lost 30 minutes at most on one occasion, but since I didn’t have to pick up the collectibles again after restarting I could more or less rush through the chapter again in half the time

• Like 4