Unable to Load Persistence Data, Error Code: 15:1305P

poetic_justice_

Since the last patch in April 2023, this issue has been occurring to me in NA on a daily basis. The following article was somewhat helpful. Basically, the problem is related to Cross-Play ON, temporary caches, and certain files becoming corrupted. Although EA doesn't want to admit it, Cross-Play ON is a work-in-progress and issues like this are inevitable. The two easiest fixes are to turn Cross-Play OFF and/or power cycle the Playstation console. Power cycling is not the same as a simple shutdown/restart. The article explains it well under the PS5 section.

https://tech4gamers.com/battlefield-2042-unable-to-load-persistence-data/#:~:text=Among other errors and bugs,play or using a VPN.

However, it you're in the same situation as I am, playing with Cross-Play OFF on a stable internet connection, the issue still occurs. This following article goes into more depth about what Error Code: 15:1305P is. It occurs when the Platform Client cannot communicate with the Game servers for various reasons. While EA is aware of the issue, EA offers no solutions. This second article's author offers another solution: play at a different time of day. However, given that Battlefield 2042 is a squad-based game, playing at a different time of day defeats the whole purpose if your aim is to play with your friends when they are available.

https://thenerdstash.com/how-to-fix-battlefield-2042-error-code-15-1305p/

Since the newest patch, I have been locked out of the game twice due to corrupted persistence data. The only way I could reconnect was to delete the game, delete the player save data from the PS5, and reinstall everything. This reinstall required watching the opening cinematic and replaying the introductory Conquest mission additional times. However, once I reconnected to 2042's servers, all my weapon/vehicle/gear progress remained intact. In addition, none of my trophies glitched. I am currently playing off of a disc copy (not the free PSN digital version), and have not had any issues since switching to playing from a disc. It's still a bit early to tell, since it has only been three days, but I hope this nonsense is over.

On a side note, I am stunned at how effectively DICE and EA have managed to nuke the Battlefield franchise with the technological disaster that is 2042. If Activision, EA's main FPS competitor, had paid other companies to sabotage Battlefield 2042 deliberately, these outside agencies still could not have alienated Battlefield's player base and destroyed the franchise's reputation more efficiently than EA and DICE did themselves. This game is a tragic monument to EA's greed and incompetence.

Edited by poetic_justice_